Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 yr old beagle who has AKC papers and is a tall beagle. Then I recently got a beagle that is an adult about 7 and looks entirely different. Are these both beagles?The tri colored is the one with papers.
Dog breed Dog Carnivore Vertebrate Mammal

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
Hi
Beagles are different in color, shape, and size.
My dog is 15 inches , has a slender shape and muzzle.

·
Super Moderator
5,243 Posts
They both look beagle to me. My first beagle Benny was tan & white - short and stocky. Now I have Oliver who is45 pounds and talk and Molly is 20 pounds and tiny.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My full blooded beagle looks like your other one. They are kinda rare, and called “lemon and white”. Here he is taking a much needed nap
Dog supply Cage Dog Pet supply Carnivore

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My beagle was described as a red and white. Aside from the darker color, she looks just like yours. The thicker hair and thicker ears are what I noticed as different from my tri color.He is lanky and she is stocky. She reminds me of a shaved spaniel. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2 yr old beagle who has AKC papers and is a tall beagle. Then I recently got a beagle that is an adult about 7 and looks entirely different. Are these both beagles?The tri colored is the one with papers. View attachment 42099
Beagles come in all natural hound colors. That’s about 20 different variations from what I’ve researched. Your dogs are beautiful! Thank you for rescuing the adult one! Here’s my girls for comparison:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m not an expert, but from my experience pure bred beagles come in all different shapes and sizes. I ask myself a lot too whether such and such beagle I see is actually a pure bred, and usually the answer I get is yes. They say beagles are one of the healthiest pure-breeds, and I wonder if it’s because of this variety.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts