Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my experience today dealing with my pack's veterinarian, I think that they deserve a medal. I consider myself blessed to have Dr's Truman and Wright. Whenever I have a problem, all I have to do is call and they give me honest, practical advice and have always treated Chloe, Ginger, Bailey and me as good as gold. Lately Ginger has been limping around in the morning, so I call and they diagnose the problem as arthritis and offer to have her prescription waiting for me to pick up. In this hustle and bustle world it's great to experience people like these to take care of my fur kids.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm so glad you have a good vet you can count on! My vet is awesome because he has a beagle so he gives me all sort of advice, and he absolutely loves my baby!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Yes indeed, it is wonderful to have a great vet!!

What did your vet give you for Arthritis? What are your doggies symptoms? I believe my 2 are developing Arthritis too. Sadie, if she runs too much or plays too wild, she will limp on her front left leg. Pooh Bear will do the same thing. I have Rimydly to give them occasionally. I am going to try Glucosomine (suppliment). I asked my vet about it and she said they could have 250 mg. a day. She said I could buy the people kind and find one with 250 mg. The lowest milligrams I could find it 500, so I can just half them.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
A great vet for my bunch is just as important as a great doctor for me.

It is a great comfort when you find one !! I have found the best ones too in Dr. Twilla and Dr. Barry !!

Glad you have found great ones also !!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
M2B: Ginger was being very lethargic one day early in the summer, so I took her to the emergency vet where he gave her Rimadyl. Lately she had been limping and sometimes not walking on her left front leg in the morning or after a nap. Once she gets up and around, no more limp. The Rimadyl seems to have helped, so the vet is going to put her on it for another week. Hopefully the weather coupled with the fact that she has been couped up in the house all week is causing the aggravated arthritis.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Mom of 2 Beagles:

What did your vet give you for Arthritis? I have Rimydly to give them occasionally. I am going to try Glucosomine (suppliment).
You might also try a supplement called Glycoflex. My vet (he's wonderful too, by the way!) suggested it for Shiloh a couple of years ago. It's made of ground-up mussles, and smells pretty bad--I call it her stinky fish pill. But she loves it--chews it right up. And it does seem to help. Doesn't work as fast as Rimadyl, since it's a supplement, but I've reallly seen an improvement. You can get it at places like Petco and PetSmart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts