Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I love my pup to death but grrr sometimes. Last night I was up in my boyfriend tv room making a blanket and letting the ferrets out and didn't let the dog in becuase hes to rough with the ferrets and he would be all over my blanket. Well he sat outside the door the entire hour I was in their crying. OMG this dog acted like i locked him outside in -50 weather :freak: . I mean Eric and all the guys were downstairs his dog bed was down there with 8million chewies/rawhides, his overflowing box of toys and he sits outside the tv room door.

He does this all the time one night i didn't feel well and tried to take a nap alone no go max cried till eric opened the bedroom door and in the bed he came. I love that hes so snuggly but jeesh I can't tell you how many times a day i trip over him trying to walk up the stairs just walking, or cooking, hes even jumped in the shower before lol. Leaving for an hour forget coming home to a calm dog even if other people are home with him he acts like he hasnt seen you in a year leave for the day and get ready for some serious high pitched screaming and jumping from max for about 5 minutes :rolleyes: . Oh well cant ever get mad at a pup like him.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
It may help you to understand if you look at your puppy as you being the "mommy and the pup being the "baby" Abby is two and she's around me all the time...she's under the desks when I type, on the couch when I nap, at the door if I go outside and she doesn't...etc. That's just how beagles are...they're very loving and loyal....and clingy.

He may have been after the ferrets. I know Abby gets terribly upset when she gets crated and we let the guinea pig out :lol2:

·
Registered
614 Posts
could be his age? alittle growing up and he might realize that you ain't going to abandon him.

Dixie is like that now, but she is slowly understanding that i will be back soon.

come first weekend of Nov. she will stay with her grandma while i go hunting, she is still too young for a stay over at a stranger's house, and deer hunting.

Plus she won't have her flea medicine yet and the area i am going is thick with fleas and ticks this time of the year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh no i totally understand why he does it I just think it is funny, i mean sometimes annoying when your trying to do something where he cant be around but funny.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey, Mom, He's still a baby and he senses that you are his caretaker. As was said, these dogs are people lovers. They do not like being alone.

Whenever I get home to Daisy, she cries and bays and nearly trips me up and she's 8 years old. It's just natural for them to greet you as if you've gone to Europe and they haven't seen you for months! And ferrets just add to the mix :biglaugh:

Daisy goes everywhere I go -- outside, inside, just to toss something in the garbage can. When I'm cooking she settles on the floor mat by the kitchen door.

Max is young yet. Sooner or later he'll learn to relax more and kind of stay out of your way. But he'll always want to be with you most of the time.

That's why they call them COMPANIONS, right?!!! Besides you'll get so used to him being around it'll be second nature to step over him, go around him and wonder where he is if you don't see him. This is love.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol yea for sure oh well, just find it interesting that he isjust asattached to my boyfriend but he seems to sense if im in a room and he cant get in. (guess ill just have to get him more used to the ferrets so he can be in there the wholei am when i let them out) I can handle everything but maybe not the jumping in the shower everytime i prefer to shower without a furry companion lol, although he may be more hesitant next time since last time he jumped in with my bf he got a bath afterwards since he was already wet lol

·
Registered
786 Posts
I had a ferret before they became "popular". She loved to play with our German Shephard. I use to laugh because she would get the dog going and then she would duck under a couch and the dog would go head first into the couch. :hi:

I would definately get the two more use to each other. It might be good companionship....

My girls are 1 year and half and once we get home they are stuck to us. They cry when the gate is up and they can't get into the same room as us...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Since Derby was left outside without food or water for several days :angryfire: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif , when we first got him he would bail and howl and bark anytime we walked 20 ft. away!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts