Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Baxter in his crate while I ran to the grocery store for corn and milk.
bringing him wasnt an option because he would do the same in the truck and the weather is too hot anyways.
I bought him a Kong too. Gonna try that next time I leave. He is so food motivated, I think it may work.

Baxter In crate

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
He is just so cute, I wanted to come over and rescue him

It doesn't look too bad, I think that if you keep to a schedule and way of conduct before leaving, he will get used to it very soon.

Chloe is waaaaayyyyy worse though. I don't crate her at the moment. Will be working on that next month!

·
Registered
889 Posts
My hubby was watching this video and Daisy was sitting with him. Apparently she found it quite amusing... click the link below to see her reaction:

Daisy's Sympathetic Ear

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally Posted By: Crazy DaisyMy hubby was watching this video and Daisy was sitting with him. Apparently she found it quite amusing... click the link below to see her reaction:

Daisy's Sympathetic Ear
OH.MY.WORD is Daisy adorable!!! That video had me laughing so hard. What a sweetie!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Originally Posted By: Crazy DaisyMy hubby was watching this video and Daisy was sitting with him. Apparently she found it quite amusing... click the link below to see her reaction:

Daisy's Sympathetic Ear
LOL! We had the same idea.

Like Eleanor said, he doesn't seem to be too bad. Daisy was like that in the beginning but now she settles right down when she goes in the crate.

·
Registered
276 Posts
haha great videos...poor Baxter

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh dear, poor Baxter. Jersey does that for hours on end when we leave her alone. The longest was four hours straight. Needless to say, we don't leave her home alone anymore.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Our guys used to do that but don't anymore. Well, until they hear us open the garage. haha But we stopped crating them a few months back and they've been good.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally Posted By: DaisysMom

Daisy's Sympathetic Ear
LOL! We had the same idea.

Like Eleanor said, he doesn't seem to be too bad. Daisy was like that in the beginning but now she settles right down when she goes in the crate.
Oh that is too cute! I love the expressions on her face..lol You 2 made my day with those videos!
So, now I have hope that he will figure it out and stop. He is only a baby yet. Tomorrow I am gonna leave for a bit, give him the kong and video again..we shall see!

·
Registered
242 Posts
not to minimize at all what you and baxter are oing through but jack's screaming is soooooo much worse. from the taping i've done there is terror in his voice, sadness, anger and hysteria.

i'm so concerned for him because i am about to have a total hip replacement and he is going to be boarded on a farm for two weeks or more. i'm sad for him and hoping he doesn't think i too have abandoned him...

but i have a question. what is the ear shaking about. jack is doing that too and his ears are clear of any infection or junk. i wash them weekle too. is it a sign of stress or just a beagle thing?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally Posted By: beaglemomnot to minimize at all what you and baxter are oing through but jack's screaming is soooooo much worse. from the taping i've done there is terror in his voice, sadness, anger and hysteria.

i'm so concerned for him because i am about to have a total hip replacement and he is going to be boarded on a farm for two weeks or more. i'm sad for him and hoping he doesn't think i too have abandoned him...

but i have a question. what is the ear shaking about. jack is doing that too and his ears are clear of any infection or junk. i wash them weekle too. is it a sign of stress or just a beagle thing?
I am sorry to hear Jack will be away from you. I hope he does well.
The main reason I taped Baxter is I wanted to see the degree of his crying. Once I watched it, I got the impression he is being a spoiled brat not the terror or being scared I had expected. Thats got to be heartbreaking to see Jack so scared.
about the ear shaking thing...I have no idea why they do it. I was joking with my husband that he was crying so loud he was hurting his own ears..lol
Maybe somone else knows???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts