Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have bought so many bones for our two boys, Casie and Cobi...we probably have a cow in the living room. The vet and our groomer recommended shinbones that have fake marrow in them...they are terrific for them to chomp on. Well, we bought two larger ones, and put their names on them....took them each to a separate room, and gave them their own personalized bone. They went running around the house, trying to show the other, look what mommy gave me! nay, nay. When they saw the other had their own bone, it was instant growling....I thought we had fixed the problem with buying two bones, and giving the bones to them separately...nope, they had to have a growling fest, dropped the bones, and took the others away from them, and then went to separate corners to chew. Poor Casie, carried his around the house for 30 minutes before finding a place he thought Cobi wouldn't find him. Casie is a drooler, so you can imagine how pleasant that was. Anyway, tonight they did the same thing...growl, exchange bones, and find a hiding place. It's a hoot.

Who said beagles can share toys? Not mine.

Cathy J

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Oh no! No bone sharing in this house either! :LOL:

Cole is the bone theif and will hoard the bones if he gets his paws on them. He learned, VERY QUICKLY, not to mess with Gino when he has a bone, so Gino is safe. We call Gino the Dogfather in this house!

Roscoe on the other hand does not put up a fight and there have been many times I have given them each a bone, they go to their spots and chew and the minute I turn my back, Cole is chewing his bone and lying on Roscoe's bone, saving it for later!!! Poor Roscoe just sits there staring at me and Cole but will not put up a fight to get his bone back, drives me crazy!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
i have a similar problem at feeding time. I place their two separate bowls down about 2 meters apart then tell them to eat. they are not happy until they run over to the others bowl and start eating from that, not realising that it really makes no difference as they just done a clean swap...

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as feeding is concerned, it was either put Casie in his kennel to eat or put Cobi in the bathroom off the kitchen. We opted to let Cobi eat in the bathroom, with seat down, and garbage cans up. He eats his bowl in about four gulps and then barks that he is done, very loudly and very long. Casie eats near the kitchen door, very delicately, chewing each bite. I swear he does it to keep Cobi in the bathroom.

Beagles just can't share...except blankets and beds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts