Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Dodger
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I tried to let Dodger roam with out his leash on, the one I attached to his crate, and then I let him roam all day and night. I decided to choose when he went to bed, I still had his alarm go off at 4, but I no longer crated him or locked him in. I had no idea how much this all was. BIG BIG mistake and that he would revert backwards to his puppyhood. I didn’t happen right away, but after 3 days all hell broke lose first he started romping around are 11-12 am waking me up and I don’t sleep much he never barks yeah, well guess who found his, voice? Yea then he pulling my blankets off me, then last night he didn’t sleep woke me up at 1 am now this dog always always slept through the night well at 1 I took him out and he only only sniffed and peed once, burned me up, didn’t due his duty and I walked. Last straw was when I went to the back bed room to get something and guess what I stepped in? No pee right in one of his puppies pee spots, so I have to step back a put him back on the leash bed time and etc… all the literature I read said that at the age of 2 dog should be ready to roam the house, but my mistake was it didn’t say Beagles are ready at 2 to roam the house, so has anyone ever succeeded with letting their beagle roam the house?

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Cassie is 10.8 yrs old.. her crate and a bed are in the corner of the dining room which opens to the kitchen. She goes to her crate at nite and isnt ever allowed to roam freely at nite or when im not home.. in the morning ONLY after she eats and pees and poops she is allowed to roam. I keep a leash on her and she just walks around.. when Im out she goes to the kitchen/dining rooms. Like you I dont want to find a pee/poop . Sometimes when she's free and I dont see her Ill find her sleeping in her crate. At her age now she doesnt disturb any of my things...the only mischief is getting a paper napkin on a side table..so i make sure theyre not in reach.
I think the best way to approach this is by monitored periods of time..

·
Registered
Dodger
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cassie, I can only hope Dodger can roam around, I think I trust him on the leash now, maybe when Dodgers 10 he can and will be roam…lol but he loves to be under foot in the daytime and when I cook he hates the sounds so he runs to his carte my scardy cat..lol brave hunter😳🐶 he’s not anyways Cassie I guess I am still learning about Dodgers character and his ability to push me to my limits, and by the way we’re can I get one of those pace things to help his. Pulling? I want to try that. Again Dodgers a good boy, but his mom is the one still learning how to handle him. you should see this big donut bed I got him Cassie , he loves it, he has this little one that he barely to fit in but loves it. Made me look up these claiming beds? Ever hear of them, well I invested in one, came today, let him open the box, well he feel in love with it… think it’s going to be good for him, but that martingale collar is just another choke collar it works, but h still pulls…. Sometimes he tests me, but other times he amazes me, you know what I mean?

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Www.boldleaddesigns.com
Perfect Pace
Measure your dog to make sure you get the right size. This is the only one that worked for me.. its called a no pull like the ones in pet store but its Not the same... as i mentioned in my other post its the connector that doesn't pull the dogs head to the side and is a safe connection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts