Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That my "Angel" is 9 months old already. She's quite a grown up young lady.

Here she is with her mom (Jo-Jo), and brother, Joe.

And with JoJo, Joe and Jack!

They're full siblings - Joe and Jack are littermates, and Angel is from JoJo's last litter.
Okay - will stop with the pictures now.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I am a "hobby breeder" - of dogs from excellent lines. JoJo has 19 field and international field champs in 5 generations, and the "sire" has an even more impressive pedigree - both his parents are International Field Champs. ALL of my dogs are first and foremost, beloved PETS, and most are spayed or neutered, as all my dogs and cats have been in the past.
Here's the sire - with his daughter, Bella. Tanna is the one with the "football". He's a very small male - and I think is beautiful - he makes beautiful babies - but JoJo obviously has much more "dominant genes". Bella is the only one of his kids HERE that looks like him.

Joe and Jack were from JoJo and Tanna's first litter - and were "fall babies" - difficult to place in this area. A responsible breeder has to be able to keep the pups if they can't be sold, and I kept Joe. Jack was "adopted" by a friend, but was returned to me when he discovered that chasing my friend's 15 cats was really FUN. I will always take back one of my puppies - and I'm not sorry to have him. Those two boys are sweet, loving and very much "mama's boys". I call Joe my "velcro Joe" because he's always attached to me.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it IS fun, it can also be a lot of work, and can be frustrating, and REWARDING. I love each and every one of them, whether they were purchased, (Princess, Romeo and Tanna), gifts (JoJo and Chloe), rescues (Lottie), born here in my family room, Joe, Jack, and Angel, or born at the vet's office (Bella). I've sat up all night with mama's in labor, rushed one to the vet for a c-section, cried when I've lost a baby (and JoJo's last litter I cried a LOT - she had one pup stillborn, two were very tiny, one didn't survive, and she rolled over and suffocated the bigger boy, the same night the little one died). My Angel had to be bottle fed - but she was a "fighter". She was small (her sire is quite small), still isn't very big, but she's a beautiful, healthy little girl and will be 9 months tomorrow!
Thank you everyone for all the nice comments about my pack. You should be here at FEEDING time! That can be VERY challenging. I have a "system" worked out. The two little girls, Angel and Bella, run to their "little house" and have their breakfast and dinner there. The "big boys, Romeo and Tanna, also eat in their "little houses", Chloe likes to be alone (she is a more dainty eater), so she eats in my room. Lottie is a little "pig pig" (because she SNORTS), and inhales her food, so she eats by herself in the bathroom. Princess and JoJo - eat together in the kitchen, Joe, Jack and my daughter's "Buster Beagle", eat in the family room.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Glenda, I was on the computer watching the reports the night that last litter was born. I was crying along with you. Then there were many days of waking up and heading to the computer hoping to see that Angel made it through another night, so I kind of feel like she is a little bit my baby too. All of your beagles are beautiful but I especially love seeing the pictures of Angel.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Connie, I know that both Angel and Bella really belong to "Beagle Bay". The group went through so much with me with both of them. Bella was a fat, healthy little beagle girl - BUT when she was about a month old she stopped eating or drinking. The vet didn't know what was wrong with her, but he had to hydrate her, and she had to be "force fed" for a while. I finally suggested that perhaps she had WORMS - he didn't think they usually exhibited those symptoms, but agreed to "de-worm" her - and she DID have worms - we then "de-wormed" the other two pups, YUCK! It's not unusual for pups to be born with worms, but it's surely YUCKY. After we got rid of the "yucks", the first time Bella ate anything on her own, I was ecstatic. She was so tiny and had lost so much weight, I didn't want to put her in the floor while I opened the refrigerator to get her some cottage cheese, so sat her on the counter while dishing it up. She couldn't WAIT for me to put it in the dish and started eating it out of the container. That was one time I "CRIED FOR HAPPY".
Here she is eating on her own!
I don't know how I could have gotten through either of those terrible times without the support of my friends on Beagle Bay. Thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts