Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at my girls and myself.

I have been allowing Katie and Wednesday to stay out of their crate with Gracie while I run errands during the day...

So I left my girls while I ran to do my biweekly grocery shopping. I came back to find my Pooh Bear in pieces, I collect Winnie the Pooh items this happened to be the one I was given by my older sister when I was born. So my 32 year old pooh bear was ALL over my living Room floor, poor Pooh all that was left was half his head and two arms. I broke down crying right there. All my girls look so guilty I have no idea who did it.

I am so mad at myself because I had been cleaning my office and I assume that I didn't put him up high enough... SO I cried for 15 minutes....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Oh, dear, Chickaboo. I'm so sorry - I can imagine what a sentimental toy that was for you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I think this happens to us all at one time or another, whether it's an item of some value, or something that makes them sick. You could just kick yourself (and them, figuratively speaking!). It continues to amaze me how much trouble they can get into in such a short period of time! And the thing is, even if you get mad (we do the "WHAT IS THIS???" and Buckley just cowers because he knows what he did was wrong), you know they would do it again in a heart beat.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

I hope you are feeling better soon....beagly hugs from Katie, Buckley and Jewelie

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Oh, this is terrible. Rascle little Beagles! We all know the feeling of loosing something dear to the enjoyment of our Beags. "Human Error" we call it but never the less, it hurts.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I had a rather bad day yesterday.

I deal with things like this by putting the important things into perspective...

We are healthy
We have food
We have clothes on our back
We have a roof over our head
We have friends and families who love us
We have each other

It doesn't minimalize the things that have made me sad and mad but it helps put me on the right track faster.

And honestly, just looking at my son's and my dogs faces, even if they are the culprit, still makes me happy in the face of "disaster".

I'm sorry about your Pooh...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so sorry that something that means so much to you was destroyed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Sometimes it's hard to understand that our furkids don't realize the importance of some inanimate objects. We just have to remind ourselves that they'd never knowingly intentionally hurt us.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm so sorry about Pooh bear! It's so frustrating when something like that happens. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I'm so sorry about your Pooh bear.
I'm sure many of us can relate to that, lets just cry on each other shoulder for a while. After that all is well again, we have vent it out, we are here to listen.
I bought another bag of raw hide, lots of them, and lots of toys. And guess what, I do not trust Charlie alone in the house, crate if I'm gone for a few hours(less than 4), out in the yard with Marlin and raw hide if I have to go for longer hours. Or at least one of us has to stay with him. After the sofa incident, I'm very careful.

Charlie mom

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm so sorry about your pooh bear! I know the feeling though. Lucky has destroyed many of my treasured items. I have spent many hours crying over what he has done. But then he comes up and licks me as if to say, "I'm sorry mommy!"

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh dear, I feel for you. My bear, Brumus, is 58 years old, I got him when I was 2. If he were destroyed I would be devastated. My husband had to put up with the bear, even on our honeymoon! The only consulation is that we are alive and have a roof over our heads. Hope you get over your loss soon.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that feeling all too well. My passion is books and one of my pride possessions was an 1878 copy of the "The Sazerac Lying Club" by Fred Hart written and published in my beloved Nevada. The Bagel decided the cover was edible and my First Edition was reduced to a coverless reading copy! I know comparing my silly book to your dear Pooh Bear sems a stretch but I recall the the look on Bagel's alert happy face when I hollared at him and knew I had no one to blame but myself!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Chickaboo, are you feeling any better today? I hope so. I'm so sorry your beloved Pooh Bear got destroyed. That is what our naughty Beagles do unfortunately.

Our first Beagle, Sam destroyed both of our high school Annuals and so many other things. He lived to be 14. Then we got Sadie and Pooh Bear. I was always very careful to keep things out of their reach that were valuable to us. But I slipped up one time big time. We collect Beannie Babies. We got a special Beanie Bear in Jamaica. He had the dread locks and he was very unique. Sadie got a hold of him one day and tore him up. We were so mad at her. It was irreplaceable. But we forgave her and all was well again. Hang in there.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Oh dear, sorry to hear about Pooh.

The more beagles you have, the more you learn not to leave anything valuable within chewing distance. One of the first things Bonnie (who's now nearly 10) chewed was a library book entitled "How to train your dog". Needless to say, the librarian didn't see the funny side :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by barking mad:
One of the first things Bonnie (who's now nearly 10) chewed was a library book entitled "How to train your dog". Needless to say, the librarian didn't see the funny side :biglaugh:
Why that stuffy old librarian! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

chickaboo, I'm sorry about your Pooh Bear. As a baby, Shiloh chewed up lots and lots of stuff, but never anything that couldn't be replaced (although she cost me a fortune in bras!!) But I do know what it's like to loose a valued treasure from your past. Feel better soon.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
awww, that sucks. I have had my fair share of things destroyed by my dogs. I have just learned to not bother getting mad because you can never change what happened. I just remind myself that it could always be worse, at leas tthe pups are safe and didn't hurt themselves. The hardest part is that they just think that they are having fun and don't usually realize what they are doing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts