Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few nights ago Sadie started to poop in my house,and Kona is peeing all over the house(on beds,bathtubs,couches)They both got a clean bill of health from the vets after a lot of bloodwork and stool samples.My back is killing me(I had back surgery 2 weeks ago)So getting on my hands and knees to clean my floors is getting to be a really painful experience,Any suggestions?I am at a loss.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Sorry to hear that Sadie and Kona are taking full advantage of your incapacity to let loose around the house (as an aside, I hope the surgery went well and you are now definitely on the mend...). Do you think that they might be a bit out of kilter because of your surgery and the fact that things have probably therefore been a bit different than usual? And as we were told with Buzzy, if it isn't a health-related issue it is likely a behavioural one, and finding out what is making them feel out of sorts is the key... wish I had a simply solution for you but hopefully as you heal and get back to normal maybe they will too?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Having had back surgery myself, I really sympathize with your situation. My first thought, too, was that maybe the dogs were reacting to differences in your, and their, routine.

I don't have a solution for you, either, but hope things will get back to normal soon. Do take care not to over exert your back, so that you can heal properly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were fine for the first 3-4 days after i got home then it all broke loose,I recently found out too my boyfriends mother(who was caring for the dogs)Was not crating them at night so now Sadie whines and barks in the crate.....I have figured out all i need to do is attempt to stay awake all night to put them out all the time My back can not take anymore floor scrubbing.
All i know is i am tired,sore,moody all i wanna do is cry and scream.Ohhh and I can not take any pain meds because i will fall asleep and not wake up to put the dogs out through the night.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Sorry you are having a hardtime with the doggies Kass's Mom & that you don't feel too well. And I agree with Sandyj. They probably noticed that you are difference and are probably taking a little advantage of it since they had didn't really have any rules while you were having surgery. I can't really give you any advice other any I do hope they snap out of it soon

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Thinking of you at this time with all your troubles. Dont despair I'm sure things will settle down again. Hope you back operation was a success.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well we half figured stuff out,I have made it clear to Aarons mom that i am ok to deal with the dogs on my own(just because her ways of dealing with the dogs are not mine)She used the retractable leash for bear who is about 70lbs now and i do not believe in using those leashes.Things have calmed a little bit now that she is not helping I really think the dogs got confused.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm glad your surgery went well. And I'm sorry for your frustrations, I half understand what you're going through. We recently had some trouble with one of the two of ours (or both, not sure) pooing and peeing in the house while we were gone. We're also going to have them tested but I think it was probably the disruption that did it... good luck!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts