Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I am new to this website, and I am also a new puppy mommy. My husbad and I became the proud parents of Becky, who is 4 months old.

She is absolutely adorable......but a definate handful. Sometimes I wonder how I got myself in this mess.....but then I look at her! I think God made Beagles so cute so that their owners wouldnt hurt them!

So since I am new here......I am open to any suggestions on feeding, crate training, leash training, patience.....ect.

We need all the help we can get!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! You came to the right place to find fellow beagle lovers. If you post specific questions/concerns in the "discussion" section, you'll get lots of great info. Take some time to browse in the posts -- we have had several new members who are experiencing puppy woes. As others will tell you, we LOVE to see pics of everyone's beagles and, those of us who have rescued adult beagles, we especially thrive on puppy pics. There is a section on how to post pics. Tell us how you came to have Becky -- looking forward to hearing all about her antics.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Welcome aboard! Another Colorado Beagle! Hip, hip hurrah!
As Judy mentioned there are bunches of people with Beagle puppy experience to talk to and learn from. And just as Judy said, I also am not one of them. Mine have all been adult rescues. But we love puppy stories and I almost purr when I see pictures. :heart:

Again, a big welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Hi
Definitely post your questions in the discussion section. I was in your place just about a year ago. First time dog owner with a very mischevious beagle puppy. You will get lots of help and good advice. Enjoy your baby. The puppy stage is gone too fast.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hi, welcome to BW... as opposed to the previous posts, I have puppy, Chloe, 4.5 months old, and I will love to share my frustrations :bounce:
oh... and pics of course!!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hi Rachel! Duke and I are new to the forum, too. I can totally relate to your puppy growing pains.

I tell Duke daily that he's lucky he's so dang cute!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: Welcome to Beagle World. A big welcome arroooo to Becky. Sorry, like many with adult rescues I never had a puppy but othert than teething and housebreaking, most everything else learned from adults is revelant. Ask away!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. Please ask questions and someone on here will answer. We have reared pups as well as having taken in adult rescues. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to BW!

My Henry was an adult rescue but after reading and reading about puppies here on the forum, here is some "express" advice:

Consistency.

Don't let puppy out of your sight inside. When the nose goes to the floor and she is looking restlessly around, herd her out of the door and use your favorite "lets go potty" expression.

Positive reinforcement. Beagles do not respond to negative behavior, especially if it's physical. You will get more results with praise and love when she does well.

If you crate at night, for now, expect to have to get up to let her out. Puppies are physically unable to hold their bladders. This has been addressed on the forum ad nauseum so you can get more details.

The owner of this forum has said this before (regarding chewing). If you don't want it chewed, don't put it where the beagle can get it.

You are all that stands between your little puppy and the big, bad world. Be gentle and loving with her and I promise, you will get it back. She will be what you raise her to be.

Give her some love from Henry and I. :heart:

~Denise

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and Becky :wave:

Do hang out here 'cause there's lots and lots of help available. Pups are all a handful but Beagle pups are a double handful. But the rewards are great. They are loving, playful, so cute, cuddly and little clowns that make you laugh daily :hi:

Tell us some stories and send us pictures -- we love puppy pics :bounce:

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts