Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I rescued Lou from a farm an hour north of here where he has spent the last five months on a six foot chain outdoors. Before that I think he came from a puppy mill but is the friendliest little guy you could imagine.

Though it's been less than a week since I put Makaella down, I felt I had to do this, even if it was a bit soon after losing her.

I've attached photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
He's adorable! It's never too soon to rescue a dog from a bad situation. Good for you!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Congratulations!!! Welcome Lou! We are so happy for you to join us in BW!

Sometimes, sooner is better!

Lou is a good lookin' little fella! The boys and I look forward to hearing more about him as he settles into his new home!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Thank you for taking him into your home and heart. Hes a lucky boy.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Congrats to you both! I hope that Lou brings you as much happiness as Jersey brings to me. It looks like he's settling in rather well already. I can't wait to hear all about him. Welcome Lou!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
How wonderful for you both. I'm sure Lou will help to ease your heart a little over the loss of Makaella and you will obviously make his day/week/month/year/LIFE!!!

Happy to have you two aboard

oh, and Lou is a good looking Beagle

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
He's great-looking, and I'm sure he'll be unbelievably loyal to you. Rescues seem to never forget that they didn't always have a loving home. I feel that the two of you really needed each other.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all so much! He is helping to heal my heart a bit. Makaella will always be my little girl but there is more room in my heart for others and it looks like Lou has made his home there already.

Here's a few extra photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yay! but beware, once you rescue one, you will want to rescue them all!! I cant stop looking at beagle rescue sites and wishing I could take another one home - but alas our apt is just too small.

Lou looks like a lot of fun - i love his coloring!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally Posted By: Artimus BWYay! but beware, once you rescue one, you will want to rescue them all!! I cant stop looking at beagle rescue sites and wishing I could take another one home - but alas our apt is just too small.

Lou looks like a lot of fun - i love his coloring!!
I know! When we got to the farm there was another Beagle tied to a truck wheel and he'd wrapped himself around it so many times he had only a few inches left of the chain - AND NO WATER OR FOOD. Doesn't it make you just crazy - what is wrong with people. I don't care if they are Amish and poor they have an obligation to take care of their animals. I soooo wanted to take that one too but I just couldn't. I'm still torn up about it...

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hey Beaglemom!!
I know you from Eons!!! Welcome to you and Lou!
I'm glad you rescued him and found us at BW!! I'm sure your Mikaella was watching from the Bridge and guiding you to Lou. He's a beauty!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congratulations to both you and Lou!

I wonder what is going through Lou's mind when he is on the bed.
I bet he thinks he won the doggy lottery lol!!!

One dog never replaces another, it just helps us through the pain.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Lou seems to feel right at home already!! That is really wonderful! I bet Steph is right, he must think he won the doggy lottery!

I am so glad Lou found you!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts