Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my furkids at the kennel two hours ago.
DH and I are leaving early tomorrow(before the kennel opens) to see my Dad in Georgia. Dad usually welcomes the four-legged crew, but didn't feel up to them this visit. So.... Phoebe and Ted put on the sad little lost beagle baby faces and Jazzy just looked worried. It is a very nice kennel and they have stayed there before, so why do I feel so guilty?!!!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Awwww, they're just trying to make you feel guilty - and obviously have succeeded! Those beagle sad eyes can get to you every time - even when you know they're just fine.
They'll be fine, mom. You'll be a nervous wreck, but the kids will be fine.

·
Registered
295 Posts
They're just working you for Guilt Treats when you return.
It's in the Beagle Handbook.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You are not a bad mom! They just know how to get to us. We are wrapped around their little paws!
Rusty has done the same thing when we have left him at the kennel. (our kennel is our vet) He is my baby! But I do know that he is well taken care of and if anything does happen the vet is right there. But I still worry about him and I still hate leaving him.
Think about when you get home.....
all that love!!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Dont worry, they will be fine. We worry far more about our hounds than they do! Lots of treats on your return. Have a good trip.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh, they know exactly what buttons to push to make mom feel bad. No doubt they will have a great time.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Ours never have to go to a kennel since we have a petsitter, but we still get the sad eyes, etc.
They do know how to push our buttons!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts