Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two beagles are better than one. Right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

We saw someone with two at the park yesterday...

Would we still be able to give our Sadie Baby all the love she has learned to expect? :angel:

Would my wife divorce me? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sadie was our 05 Christmas beagle.
Should there be an 07 ??? :conf6:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Summer and Murphy are happy as a pair. They always look for each other when one is not in sight. Summer is Murphy's protector and Murphy is Summer's security blanket. Separate them and they both get upset.

Would your wife divorce you?
It all depends, both of you should agree on the second beagle. I would not do it as a suprise. This way, if there is some "training issues", you both agreed and there is no finger pointing.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
We have 2 labs that have been part of our family since they were pups. They are almost 12 and 13 years old. They love each other and I can't imagine them not having each other. That's part of why we got Duke. We wanted to be sure that when one of our labs passes, the other still has a dog friend in the house. We switched breeds, because labs are getting too big for us as we age.

I think dogs enjoy having a playmate. Yes, it's twice the work, but it's twice the reward. We will eventually get another beagle, when the time comes.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back down to earth...
I know better than to drop a surprise like that one! :holyshit:
And as far as "training issues" go, Yeah, Mom does most of the work and Dad is the protector and playmate. (Mom doesn't take my claim of being Sadie's "Alpha Male" very seriously. :rolleyes: )
So for now, Mom doesn't want the extra work, and I'm not ready to share my 2 year old, little sweetheart with another dog.

But maybe, when she's a little older.....

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I can't imagine not having more than one. They love having a playmate with them all the time. On the rare occasion that they want to be alone...they do that to, but in most cases they are together.

I currently have 3 dogs, 2 beagles and a beagle/lab mix and they all love each other dearly. When I don't have time to give them a lot of attention, they still get their exercise by playing together and chasing each other through the yard.

We have what we call dogscar (the beagle class) racing every evening about 7 p.m. when they run and run and run until they just can't do it anymore. It is so fun to watch it. I have no idea why it happens at the same time every day or what makes them get started, but I love the fact that they are exhausted and ready for bed by about 8 p.m. every night. I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
2 is better than 1, 3 is better than 2, 4 is better than 3, 5 is better than 4. Icould go on but we thus far have only collected 4 and are about to get our 5th (rehoming on Friday).

I have no doubt that they do speak to each other, love each other, compete with each other, encourage each other (for mischief) and you know what....we wouldn't have it any other way.

we got our second beag because we didn't speak dog /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif and we wanted Barney to have some company...our collection started from there..be warned...once you start to expand your collection you are hooked /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Lisa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts