Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunter woke up at about four this morning wanting to go out to the bathroom. She usually doesn't do that, but I thought she just must have to go. She ate her breakfast fine, but I knew something was off. When I got home from work, I seen that I was right. See had diarrhea and had peed one the floor. Poor dog. She looked at me as if to say Mom I'm not feeling well, I'm sorry I made a mess. I called the vet, because, we had been out to a friends yesterday and she had eaten some treats she usually doesn't get. I figure this may be the cause of her upset tummy. The vet said to just keep a eye on her and call in the morning. I only fed her a very little of bland food for supper. She is laying beside me sleeping, and wanting cuddles.

·
Registered
439 Posts
well give that lil girl cuddles then!
maybe the odd treats just didnt agree with her. you can, from what im told, give your pooch the chewable pepto.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Maybe all Hunter needs is some good cuddles and a good nights sleep...and some tummy rest.

Check back tomorrow...keeping fingers crossed.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on Hunter. We had to take her to the vet as she spent the night vomiting and running outside. She has gastritis probably from the treats she had at my friends. She has antibiotics and a stomach coater to take, and is on a bland diet when she is able to eat again. probably by tomorrow a.m she can have a little food. She is being mammas girl, and resting.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Poor Hunter! :pukey:
Being sick is the pits! And to get sick from doing something Beagles love to do (eating) is even worse. Easy does it for a while and your mom will take good care of you. :heart:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts