Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice on Hunter. She loves her kennel. she sleeps in there during the day, when we go for a car ride she will run in and sit there until we are ready to go. My problem is at night. If I put a treat in there, she is fine. If she just goes in, and I shut the door she freaks out. She growls and whines. At no other time does she do this. I only just started putting treats in so she would be quite. She only does this when I close the door. and only at night. Is she just being dominant? Why only at night? Any suggestions? I have tried ignoring the behavior, tried telling her "quite, no noise". nothing works. The fact that she is fine all other times makes me think she is just being a brat.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
During the day when she is in her kennel, are you locking it? If so, what happens then?
If she doesn't care during the day, maybe she has problems with being in the dark... I've heard some dogs have a problem with it...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chloe"s mom, I don't lock it during the day. I have walked by when she is in there, not sleeping, just lying down, and shut the door. She does the same thing as at night. When I put her in at night, Mike is still up with the lights on in the same room as her. Wish I could ask her what the trouble is.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Maybe she finds comfort in her crate when she needs it but being "locked" in is what she doesn't like. Like the crate is fine as long as the door is open and she can come and go as she pleases.

~Denise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts