Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Thursday was Hunter's first anniversary with me and my wife. He is a 7-year old (we think) beagle (we think -- his color is odd, and his tail isn't rounded off -- its pointed, and he's only 12" tall) that we rescued last year. Hunter was abandoned by a hunter in rural Virginia and was fished out of a kill shelter on the outskirts of Richmond by a rescue group in our area.

In short, he has just been awesome to have. He came to us reserved, shy, jumpy, grossly underweight, heartworm-positive, and afraid of being alone for even 5 minutes. After obedience school, he can now heel, sit, stay, and lie down on command. And he's a "fluffy" 33 lbs (we spoil him rotten -- within reason -- and he's become very entitled in a short period of time). I'd still never trust him off-leash, but he is a great dog that loves every one and every thing he comes in contact with.

For my part, I have loved being a lurker on BW - I don't post much, obviously, but I really enjoy reading everything fellow beagle owners are going through.

Anyway, I apologize there's not much point to this post, I got these pictures today and just wanted to brag on my little guy for a bit.

The first picture is not any kind of political statement on Christmas, just Hunter chewing on his flavor-of-the-week squeaky toy.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Happy Anniversary.

What a looker you have there! Beagle if I ever saw one. Hey Marley's isn't round either. I don't think any of that matters, but I'm no expert, he's my first Beagle.

Anyway, I love how distinguished your Pup looks. And beautiful color. Tris come in so many different variations.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I agree that he looks totally Beagle. So he may not be a perfect candidate for shows, but he is a very handsome boy.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Happy AA!! Hunter is quite the handsome beagle. Maggie's tail isn't rounded at the tip either -- who cares? I love the expressivenss in Hunter's eyes. Thanks for sharing!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Happy Adoption Anniversary Hunter! He's a very handsome man. He looks all Beagle to me. Even if he's not...who cares. Lot's of us here have Beagles that aren't quite all Beagle. I love Jersey just as much with her something extra as I would if she were all Beagle.

I hope you decide to stick around and post some more. We love to hear stories of Beagle mischief. Even more, we love to see pictures!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
congratulations on your forever home !!!

Hunter sure is a distinguished gentleman !!!

Here's to many more years together !!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Belated happy anniversary to Hunter!! And bless you for rescuing him and giving him a wonderful forever home where he is obviously well-loved. He is sure a handsome boy!! Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.