Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I haven't posted in a really long time but I have a question.
I was cuddling with Hunter and we started playing. I was rubbing his belly, (they really liked those belly rubs.. i know I would
. I then rubbed the area towards his left side close to his leg and he yelped for a bit. I was wondering what was going on so I gently touched that spot again and he yelped again and he did a little nipping action at my hand. I then noticed small little bulge in the area but not on his right side. It's not on the bone it's on the belly area really close to his leg. I'm sorry I can't desrcibe the area really well.

I'm keeping a very close eye on him now, he's not limping or anything, I'm going to take him to the vet if things don't get better tommorrow or the next day.. So I'm just asking what you fellow beagle owners think it is. If it helps, he's Nine years old and on a positive note I've had him for a year since the 16th of February.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*UPDATE*

Hunter seems to be fine now. I took him out on our usual morning jog, and he seemed to love it, then we wrestled in the front yard for a bit and when I rubbed that spot he didn't do anything...just licked my face

I'm still going to take him to the vet to be on the safe side

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*UPDATE*

Hunter visited the vet today, she said that it's a fatty tumor and that we should keep an eye on it and monitor Hunter's behavior. She said for me to discuss it with my parents and if it's affecting his quality of life, which it isn't now, it should be removed.

Even though she said it's not alot to worry about, I'm still bummed out. I really don't know why, maybe because there is too much going on right now and now I have this on top of it... I dunno, I just love my snoopy dog so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.