Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunter has been vomting, stopped eating and very lethargic so took him to the vet, turns out he has Parvo. He has had his parvo shot but not the booster. They said they give him 60 percent survival rate becaues of his age, that we caught it fast and the fact that he has had his parvo shot. Hunter is on IV therapy and if he makes it to Friday he is in the clear. please keep us in you thoughts I have cried so much I have no tears left, I could not imagine life with out my hunter.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Jenni, I am so sorry about Hunter. I will be praying for him and for you. I lost my first dog to parvo when I was still living at home, it is something that has left a pit in my stomach. I can feel your pain. Be optimistic, and hopeful, as 60% survival is better than the other way around. Keep us updated about Hunter, and come and talk anytime, it's a good therapist.

HUGS<
Cathy

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. My friend's pup survived Parvo last year so it can happen. Please keep us updated. I will keep you in my prayers.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way from Colorado! Please let us know how he is doing - talking really helps. I am sure all of BW is behind you.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear your baby is sick. I will certainly say a few extra prayers for him through his recovery. Keep positive thoughts.

How old is Hunter? When you say he has had his shot but not the booster are you referring to puppy shots but not the annual shot thereafter? I am just curious because I know so many people that do not continue with the annual boosters.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Please keep us updated, our thoughts are with you and Hunter.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
OMG! I'm so sorry. I hope Hunter can recover from this. We'll be thinking about you both.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally Posted By: beagletailsI'm so sorry to hear your baby is sick. I will certainly say a few extra prayers for him through his recovery. Keep positive thoughts.

How old is Hunter? When you say he has had his shot but not the booster are you referring to puppy shots but not the annual shot thereafter? I am just curious because I know so many people that do not continue with the annual boosters.
Hunter is 14 weeks old. At 12 weeks he should hav had a parvo booster but in all honesty with the hustle and bustle of the holidays I forgot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He made it thru the night which is awesome and to me his color looks so much better already. I took him to the vet this am for Ivs and antibiotics and I take him back friday am for more fluids and then we discuss the plan of acton then. I already have been bleaching everythng and im going to do the yard this evening. Im spraying the whole things down with bleach.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sounds like Hunter is definitely heading in the right direction. Sending tons of prayers to you and Hunter! We will anxiously await updates.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
We're sending your our thoughts and prayers as well. It sounds like Hunter is a real fighter - good for the little guy. Please keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts