Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Hunter to the vets today for her annual check up and shots. Usually when we go she is very happy and excited and cooperates rather well. Today however she was whining and shaking and very wary. Nothing has changed. Same vet, same office even the same room. Nothing else was off in the past few days. She was back to her normal beagle self when we got home. Do you think she was just having an off day? Any ideas? She is six now and maybe just decided that today she didn't want to be there?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I think our dogs have off days just like us. Some days, they just act differently, for no apparent reason, so I can't think of another explanation.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Miss Shiloh was always happy to go to the vets--who she loves-- till she got Cushings Disease. Suddenly many of her visits involved blood work, multiple tests, having to stay at the vets for several hours. Now she begins shaking as soon as we get in the waiting room and doesn't stop till we leave. I think she has finally decided that, as nice as her doctor and the vet techs are, chances are she's not gonna like what happens to her there.
Maybe Hunter has come to a similar conclusion. Just give him lots of hugs, and maybe a treat after.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I wish I could say that mine were okay with going to a vet, but all 4 of our dogs act terrified when we head that way. They know before we even get there. I feel so bad for them. I usually have to pick them up and carry them into the building and the whole time we sit there waiting they sit or lay right by me shaking the whole time. My vet is wonderful. No real traumatic visits have occurred so I don't understand their fears, but maybe they just hate shots. Who knows.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maybe she picked up a scent that made her uncomfortable...maybe from another distressed animal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts