Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that Grayson's little thingy
is coming out now when he's trying to hump Quinn. Neither of them are fixed, yet, so should I worry about this? Do I need to take extra precaution about the humping?

They will be four months old on August 14th.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Humping isn't necessarily a sexual thing. Sometimes dogs hump for dominance...
But since they're both pretty young I'd say this is just normal puppy behavior. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. However, I saw that he is maturing, so I wanted to make sure I was taking any precautionary measures, if necessary. Ever since he began to mature, he's been humping her a LOT more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a female puppy 4.5 months and she all of sudden tries to hump our legs! I wonder if it means its time to get them fixed??? Cuz I need to get Lexi done.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gracie has tried to hump a couple of times will playing tug with her towel (the towel she choose to snuggle in when we first brought her home!), but only when the towel was underneath her. She has started a new behavior and I'm not sure if it's humping or dominance related and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts. When I sit on the floor to play tug or fetch with her, she'll start to jump up putting her front paws somewhere around my shoulders and kind of wiggles. She tries to do this in a circle around my body. So far she has always started from the front on my left side (I hold her toys in my right hand) and starts working her way to my back. Not much deters her. I've tried ignoring, excited 'let's play' and 'what's this' with her toy, and using 'no', 'sit', and 'off'. 'Off' is a newer command for her and I've started to say off while using both hands to secure her standing a bit away from me. It only seems to get through to her once in a while, so by about the third jump, I just stand up so she can't jump. The I wait for her to calm down and sit next to me. Once she sits, I'll then return to the toy we were going to play with, but now I play from a standing position. Any ideas?

Not sure if I should be posting this here or maybe start a new thread. Please let me know if this is the wrong place for this question and sorry for such a long post!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When the puppies would try humping us, we'd push them away quickly. They learned not to do this rather rapidly. While we push them off us, we say, No! very sternly. They don't hump us anymore, though they do still hump new people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts