Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
we had pretty good luck with the shock ones. til E.B. chewed it up anyway. an occasional shock may seem cruel but compared to losing your dog or being evicted it may be worth it. i have worn the collar and it is not pleasant but it wont harm them. besides if the dog is smart they wont be shocked more than a couple times. I also use an electric wire to keep my dogs from digging under the fence. none of them have been shocked more than twice, now i dont even turn it on but they wont test it. when i first installed it i had to make sure it was working when i left for work which involved touching it, so I got shocked more times than the dogs ever did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
no, just at night for a couple hours til the neighbors put their dogs inside.
he learned very quickly and has retained it well. although he does still bark if a possum or raccoon get in the yard he generally quiets right down when i holler at him.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top