Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious, it is such a georgeous night here,
the moon seems like you could grab it.

does anyones fur friend bark or howl at the moon?
is this a beagle trait?
oooooooo!! ar ar aroooooooo!!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie doesn't howl at the moon, but I will have to observe her behavior more closely. There are definite changes in behavior of kids at school during a full moon. Sometimes I will comment on what a tough day it has been and someone else will tell me its a full moon. My sister works in the ER and she has always said that some very strange things happen there during a full moon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes. We Do. And at the police and fire sirens. I don't know how to describe it but my boy and I go out on occasion and howl together. Our little girl looks at us like we are crazy and she only barks (maybe her howler is broken?) but our big boy LOVES to howl. At the moon, with my wife and I, at sirens, and during certain Enigma and Enya songs. Anything with a deep bass or choral/choir sets him off. It's like he wants to sing along or something...

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I'll have to watch ours next time.
We once had a neighbour who went mad on full-moon nights. He was banned from visiting his ex wife and child then. One night he killed himself, very sad and scary. I have great respect for theories about behaviour change during full moon after that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I never really paid attention to the whole full moon thing- I'm going to have to do this now and see if Totti's behavior changes!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
interesting topic, I have notice Coco (& myself) acting more hyper than usual when there is a full moon....interesting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts