Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Thought I'd join up to share tips and tricks with others who understand the unique sets of both pleasures and problems of owning a stubborn scent hound. This is Ella -

She is just over a year old and, although I initially had her from a pup, she is new to me all over again following a relationship split a few months back. My ex kept the dog as she had a support network in place with her mum jut around the corner so that Ella had two canine pals to play with while everyone was at work. I recently got the call to take Ella away or she was going to the pound so for the past three weeks I have been a single parent to her. She is now getting infinitely more exercise and socialization (as am I!) but does have to be on her own for two 4-5 hour periods a day while I am at work. Guess who's kitchen door is now trashed? Hopefully she is getting used to it, I am dragging her around the fields for 3/4 of an hour before work as well as a twenty minute stretch of the legs at lunchtime and a good evening walk and I have filled the kitchen with various toys and blankets and I now return home with much less of a feeling of dread!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. Ella is very pretty. I am sure she will learn to fit into your routine soon.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

Ella is magnificent! I love lemon/red Beagles

Sorry, but I had to resize your pictures (<span style="font-size: 8pt"> must be kept at 640x600 within the regular forums</span>)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally Posted By: DJ Shep

I think you are driving too fast
j/k. Beautiful pup

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally Posted By: Chloe's Mommy

Ella is magnificent! I love lemon/red Beagles

Sorry, but I had to resize your pictures (<span style="font-size: 8pt"> must be kept at 640x600 within the regular forums</span>)
My apologies for breaching the rules, I will bear that in mind in future.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! Ella is just beautiful! I especially love the photo of her curled up in bed with her cover over her. That calmness is so deceiving, isn't it?
I expect that Ella might be experiencing some separation anxiety related to leaving your ex's home. It sounds like you have a good plan to work through that. There have been some recent threads about using a crate or separating off a portion of the house so you might want to check those out in the discussion section.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome Ella and mom! Like Chloe's Mommy, I too am a bit partial to the lemon and white variety of Beagle. Emma reminds me very much of my Jersey girl, so of course, I think she's a beautiful Beagle!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Ella is a frisky looking Beagle. Looks like lots of personality there. Welcome.

Life with our merry little hounds is never dull.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to you and Ella. She does look like she is full of personality! Things will get better but glad that you are taking it all in stride!

·
Registered
889 Posts
She's adorable!!
Welcome, Daisy and I are new too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts