Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beagle is an 11-month-old male. A few months ago, we made him a bed to sleep on. However, he started chewing on it and within a few weeks, tore it up so it was just a blanket. We thought maybe he was too young to have a bed.
Just today, we made him a new bed. However, he again started tearing it. We tried making him sit on it, but all he wants to do is tear it.
Any advice?
Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Wait...i have to stop laughing! LOL
Ok now.. my dog chewed up 5 dog beds ..some within minutes of getting it. Completely frustrating.. I know. If you look in my Photo Gallery you'll see a picture of one
my dog's bed in the dumpster.
One thing that helped was covering it with a big sheet. They seem to like the fur or valour at the bottom. I bought xtra large pillowcases on Amazon. .cant find in the store. I put the bed inside the pillowcase. One other thing you can try is to ditch dog beds for now. Get a hard plastic kiddie pool.. they cant chew it. Put towels and blankets in it and use that until destructive behavior stops. My dog doesn't chew up her beds anymore. Watch the chewing on furniture and other items. She loves her beds now as you can see in the picture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts