Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to find a Beagle growth chart, but have not been able to.

How quick do they grow? When I got Marley at 9 weeks he was about 9 pounds. Then a month later 14, and now another month 17.

Also - how do you measure their height? Floor to what? I've heard withers, but what does that mean?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey weighed 7 lbs. when we got her at 8-9 weeks of age. At 6 months she was about 17 lbs. and the vet said that would probably double by the time she was done growing. She now weighs 39 lbs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif at age 2. :doh: She's not fat by any means but I do think she should lose about 2 lbs.

For their height, measure floor to the top of the shoulder. I've heard that you can't really get an accurate measurement until the dog is fully grown though since the same litter can contain both 13 in and 15 in varieties. I've never had a purebred (Jersey is a rescue with unknown lineage and my Amber was a Beagle/Cavalier King Charles Mix), so I don't know for sure about that. I'm sure someone who has done breeding would be able to confirm/deny that.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think it's going to depend on the dog. Going off memory here...Gage was about 8 lbs at 2 months, 13 at three (or it could have been 4) months and 25 lbs at six months. He's still 25 lbs and will be two soon.

·
Registered
139 Posts
A beagle growth chart... great idea! :thumbup:

Tramp was just over 8 lbs at 8 weeks; 20.6 lbs at 19 weeks; and now he is 25.6 lbs at 5 1/2 months (27 wks) and about 14" tall.

·
Registered
211 Posts
We've had Mizu sincw he was 10 weeks and he was 8 lbs. He is now 8 months old and 32 lbs and still growing (sideways). He is on the chubby side.
I measured him and he is about 14 inches.

·
Registered
147 Posts
hmmmm....i think homer might be a small beagle.he was 5.5 pounds when we got him at 7 weeks but he was so sick with 3 kinds of worms.he is 4 months now and i would say no more than 11 pounds if that.got him weighed at the vet a month ago and was 9 pounds.he is not at all skinny and vet says right weight for size.but he was the runt of the litter-which i why i fell in love with him-poor guy just sat there at my feet looking up whining while his brothers climbed all over him and fought with him.how could i leave him there like that?!?!?! :heart:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Beasley was 10 pounds when we first got her (11 weeks), then she was 13 pounds last month (4 months) and 15.5 pounds last week (5 months).

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Wonder Twins weighed 4 & 5lbs when we got them at 10 weeks.

Last week when they were spayed at 9 months they weighed 24 & 25lbs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
our beagle (mix?) from the shelter was 10lbs last week, 3 weeks after we adopted him. Having said that, I really don't know how old he is. He was found 6 weeks ago, a stray, and the shelter estimated his age today to be 18 weeks, but the vet says he's definitely younger, based on teeth. LOL. Sorry that my reply isn't helpful! He's supposedly around 14-15 weeks about now, according to the vet.

ETA: Frank finally started losing baby teeth, so the vet is saying he is officially 16 weeks and 13.6lbs.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Ace is 18 months old and 26 pounds, how tall? lol I'm still not able to measure him, my guess is 13 inches. I heard they grow until they are two years old, but I have no idea if it is true. I think he is already fully grown.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Our 3 month old male beagle is 12.3lbs as of yesterday. He's not chubby at all.

Our female (pretty sure she is a mix) is 38lbs full grown standing at 18 inches.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Medium sized dogs usually reach almost their full height in about a year.
During the second year they fill out and reach their adult weight.
More or less.approximately. Your results may vary.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just pulled out Ally's chart from the vet. Let's see...

8 weeks - 8.2lbs
10 weeks - 10.2lbs
12 weeks - 12.2lbs
16 weeks - 15.2lbs

She just turned 6 months and we're not sure how much she weighs now. She's going in to get spayed tomorrow, so I'm sure they'll weigh her then and I can let you know.

As for height, I just measured her now and she's 12 inches.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ally got spayed this morning. The vet hasn't called, so I guess everything went well. Get to pick her up tomorrow afternoon... which is good, because we miss her and it's so weird without her here.

Anyway - 22.4lbs and she's 26 weeks (turned 6 months on Jan 29th... I might have miscounted the weeks though)

·
Registered
128 Posts
wow our Hailey will be 1 year in 3 weeks. she's only 24-25 lbs last I weighed her (few days ago). She definitely looks like a model, and sure eats like one. We were told she would be a big girl based on how big her paws were, so expected it. I'm shocked how much lighter she is compared to everyones pups!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
yea! sounds fine. If the vet was concerned he would have said something. Just remember to use adult food now if your still on puppy. keep up excersie after she is healed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
How did spaying @ 6 months go? I was planning on it when our pup got around 6 months, but haven't heard any opinions for or against getting it done at that age.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts