Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Priscilla is six months old, I've had her for one week and have yet to hear her bark. Is there a age when they start barking? Never had a puppy before so I am not quite sure.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
My first beagle started barking at about 6-7 months on a camping trip. He scared himself when the barks came out :)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Are you kidding? Cassie barked loudly when she arrived at 8wks and I first opened the crate. I thought wow, the sound that came out of that 5lb body!...lol The barking got really bad for awhile but now at 2yr she's not doing it so much.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you kidding? Cassie barked loudly when she arrived at 8wks and I first opened the crate. I thought wow, the sound that came out of that 5lb body!...lol The barking got really bad for awhile but now at 2yr she's not doing it so much.
that's so cute - 8 wks. glad to hear priscilla isn't the only late bloomer.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My 2 barked at 9 weeks old when we got them. they didn't sing until they were about 6 months old. I had a basset when I was a teenager that didn't bark until she was a year old but she howled at 9 months.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ziva was about 8-9 months, it coincided with her first season. Deeks is only 8 weeks old and he is already waking me up in the morning by barking!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I watched a video somewhere a very young pup able to bark already. Our George came us at age of almost two and he's one barker especially when begging and excited. At 6 months, your Priscilla might be very shy on barking.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Levi is 13 weeks and can bark, but has learned to not really do it in the house unless I'm purposely "talking" to him to get him to bark. I LOVE the beagle bark, lol.

I've read that some beagles just aren't big barkers. If she isn't barking, some would say to consider yourself lucky...that beagle bark can be really loud and annoying!

·
Registered
100 Posts
We've had mollie since she was 10 weeks and has always howled and barked, every dog is different! Like humans, we will all start trying to talk at different ages! X

Bella & Mollie

·
Registered
69 Posts
Puppies start to bark at the age of between three to five weeks old. At this age, they are also able to hear, see and smell. If they do not bark, then talk to your vet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts