Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you give them a bath? What kind of shampoo do you use? Does anyone take them to a groomer and let them bathe them and have grooming like nail clipping if needed?

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I've always groomed Abby at home. Now, since I watched a show about deaths increasing at dog groomers I'm much more hesitant to take her there even though it's gotten very difficult to bathe her with my huge belly.

Before I started to get uncomfortably pregnant I was bathing her once a month...more often if she got really dirty or stinky. Now though I don't think she hasn't had a bath since May.

Abby has itchy skin so I use an Oatmeal Dog Shampoo. I di use California Baby (human brand) Super Sensitive Shampoo and that stuff worked very well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I only bath mine if they rolled in something gross or its frontline time!
My routine starts on the 14th of every month, I do nails, teeth and ears, then on the 15th they get a bath and on the 16th at night I apply their frontline and heartgard.
I use an Oatmeal Shampoo from the vet for my three because one has sensitive skin and one has a really dry coat.
Hope that makes sense! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I bathe Chloe once a month or when she gets dirty (happened just once). Once or twice a week though I wipe her with Doggy wipes (citrus scent - she smells like an orange :hi: ) and she loves it.... eyes, tush, belly (her favourite).
Basically unless they get dirty and smell, I wouldn't say its necessary to bathe them...

·
Registered
345 Posts
I bathe Fin probably once a month. Now during the summer its more often because we're outside so much. I do have a bottle of generic brand dog shampoo but I don't really like the smell, so now I've been using Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo. I love the way he smells after a bath.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Charlie goes to the dog park once -twice a week, and he gets really diry, muddy. He'll get hose down on the lawn, shampoo while wet if neccessary, since it is summer. I have not thought of winter yet. Maybe to the groomer.
Note, he gets really muddy sometimes. Dogs love to play in the mud. Actually, I think once a month is better. They get too dry out and dry skin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts