Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
685 Posts
on my last visit to vet I asked how Marley's weight and size are. FYI - he is 6 months old and weighs 23 pounds. He is quite slender and lean, good proportions, ribs are not visible but you can feel them with your hands. Vet said that is exactly what you want. Said he is great size/shape. He said if you feel around the ribs and cannot palpate them, the pup is heavy. If you can see the ribs through the skin, and or feel every single one, he is too thin.

So, I say all this if you can see his ribs, he probably needs to eat more. I feed eukanuba and the recommendation is 2 cups for his weight and age, and I feed one cup in the a.m. and one in the p.m. He is very active so I am aslo able to give him treats without cutting back ont he food. He gets liver treats, carrots, etc.

Have you read the recommendation on your food bag?

You can always call your vet but I think seeing the ribs is a great sign that he is not getting enough.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.