Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
19,926 Posts
He is still a puppy and he is growing. I think about six months is when you can safely cut them back to being feed twice a day, but someone with puppy experience will need to confirm it. I think about the time they are a year old you can throttle back to once a day if that is your schedule but I’m sure for now, Marbles needs more nutrition than Snoopy. None of my dogs have been pups so I’m no the expert here but if you can feel their ribs is the way it should be but if you can see their ribs they need a more nutrition.

· Banned
19,926 Posts
I've never believed in recommended portions, the proof is in the dog. Activity and individual canine characteristics far outweigh a one fits all recommendation on the back of a package. You should be able to clearly feel their ribs but their should be enough meat on their bones so that you can’t see their ribs when they are walking or rolled on their side or back. I regulate the Bagel’s food by that and he has stayed fit for the 9 years, 9 months he’s been with me! I know growing pups have definite nutrition needs that exceed those of adults of the same size. Bones are still grow even after they have reached their adult length. I hope some of the pup experts will chime in but I’d be more concerned with Marbles not getting enough nutrition now. At his age, if he did get a little too much, he could shed the extra pound or so in no time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.