Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a 6-month-old beagle puppy, taking her out for walks about 6-9 times a day (She is peeing in all of those walks)
and still, she is peeing 1-4 times a day inside my house.
What more can I do?
This is normal?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You may be doing this, but are you washing where she pees inside the house with an enzyme cleaner that will kill the smell? That helped with Neb as a puppy, and Agis, who is now 16 months old.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Welcome. Hope you post a picture of your puppy.
My dog was not potty-reliable until about 10 months. It seems beagles are a little slow getting this. Make sure your dog is in a restricted area so youre not cleaning pee on carpets and furniture. In between walks take your dog out on a leash and say ..."go peepee, hurry up"... when the dog pees praise big time and give a small treat. You can also get a Clicker at a petstore and click it when the dog pees outside...the sound is the reward. You can also use it for other training..just watch YouTube videos on how to use one.
Let us know how's it's going.
Cassie says Hi

·
Registered
19 Posts
My vet told me they will pee every time you take them out. She also said something magical happens when puppies turn 13-14 weeks old. They can hold it longer, up to 5-6 hours. So, my advice would be to distract him with games and toys for a while. Then take him out for a long pee. It has helped me a lot. Training a puppy early depends on you taking him out every 2 hours or so, but as they get older you have to stretch that out. They are able to hold it longer, so train them to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts