Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will our new screen door last??? (this is a first in our house)

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
How many smart-alec cats do you have in your neighborhood!! LOL
Voice of experience here: They sit on the front step, where the dogs can see them, and proceed to wash paws, ears and don't forget my long, lovely tail. Nanana! Poom goes the screen. If you listen to the hounds you would think the Huns were right outside. Don't rule out the screens on the front windows either. The cats get on the ledge. You get the picture. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
When we lived in our apartment we had a sliding door with a screen. We never had any problems with the dogs breaking through. However I wouldn't have put it past them. LOL

·
Registered
58 Posts
We have a window at the head of our bed. Our dogs LOVE to lay up by our pillows in the sun. We don't get any human activity on that side of our place, but there are a lot of birds, and.... the occasional rabbit. Luckily the one time they sow one there I was in the room. So instead of no screen we have one with two beagle paw sized scratches on it. I have yet to replace it, I figure I better get the full mileage out of this one first.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
A screen like that would last about 20 min or until something/someone walked past our house. They make screens that are re-inforced on the bottom half. Or glass on the bottom and screen on the top. Cute picture!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Well, we went through at least 5 screen doors on our back patio sliding door before we finally decided to give up. Haven't had one on since long before the beagles came on scene. Cassie demolished them within a week each time.

We do have one on the front door that has been there without incident over 10 years. But.....it's a storm/security door, so it's metal and they don't mess with it.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I would love to have a screen door but I know it would last about 5 minutes before Emma went through it. We had a sliding screen door at our old place and Caesar put a hole in it from clawing. He used it as his own personal doggy door. Who needs people to open the door when he can come and go as he pleases???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.