1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
That actually does look painful. I have always been told not to let my dogs lay like that because it is bad for their hips. I always correct my two when they do it and make them lay on one side. I don't know how true it is, I was told that by my trainer though.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Awww cute pic though he does look funny.

Rosa has always lain in the froggie position and my vet told me it was a good sign, means they are very flexible which can't be bad can it. I guess it's a bit like us being able to do the splits, which I can't incidently :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Boomer is such a cutie!! Does he always lay in a curve like that? Miss Shiloh has never lain froggie style--I don't think her hips are flexible enough for that. But I bet it's a nice way to cool off!

·
Registered
614 Posts
in Hotdog's younger day he use to do the fraggle with a curve like that. He is a Dashhound, and Squirrel did the straight fraggle!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I always believed as long as they could do the froggie position their joints were good. Nice photo.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's adorable. I don't know how he could lay like that though. Looks mighty uncomfy! I too have heard that if a dog can lay like that they have good joints. I don't know if it's good for their joints though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow that does look funny /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Stan lays in some funny positions believe me but nothing that clever :conf6:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Zeus dose that too! What he really likes it to do this weird curve lying on his back. His head can almost touch his butt. I will have to try and get a photo and post it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Aww - my little guy (also named Boomer!) does that occassionally too - usually when he's chewing on a really yummy toy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts