Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
419 Posts
bernie is doing ok. i found by accident that his back is still sore. we were playing and i ran my hand down his back and i got a yelp.
hes had this scab at the lower point of his scar.
its been there to long in my opinion. so it keeps getting my attention when im rubbing on him. so finally i HAD to move in for a closer look.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
it was a blue scab. so i looked into it a little more. just picking at it a bit. looking.
nope. thats no scab. the monofiliment they used to stitch him up with on the inside has grown up through his skin. "what the ....."
i freaked out big time. i called his regular doc this morning (david sewell) and asked about it. he was busy but the guirl said that it sometimes happens. im taking him in next thurs to get it snipped away. im tellin ya, i freaked out.
bernie still has a bit of a drunken walk. i asked her about that too. she said that that might not ever go away. she explained the "degenerative disease" thing to me. said this could happen over and over again to bernie.
lord knows i hope not. has this ever happened multiple times to any dogs you folks know of with degenerative disk disease? is it really possible? murphysdad?
bernie is still eating real good, drinking too.
still sleeps on the floor w/dad at night. :thumbup:
im still worried about his back. not sure if im a worry wart or i have good reason. as ive stated before, ive never been through this before. not sure if bernie is where he should be in his recovery, falling behind, or what. in my head, he should be healed up and ready to kick butt.
but im just not sure ya know?

· Registered
419 Posts
bernie is still wanting to be pretty active. like i said, at night he sleeps on the floor with me beside his crate. hes very active and wants to romp about like hes 3 mo old. i put the brakes on it though. he thinks he cured and ready for battle. that lady i talked to said he sounds like hes right where he needs to be as far as his recovery goes. she said its gonna take months before bernie is ready for a normal life. months.
murphysdad said the same. i guess its a little hard seeing him every day and not being able to notice a difference as it happens. over the long run i can tell changes. i just want him to have a quality life, and get him back in it.
im so worried another disk is gonna fail him. then theres the knee thing thats being talked about on here now too. ive never seen a breed have so many health issues. it sucks to. beagles are far my fav dog. i just need to think long and hard if i want another one or not. way way way to many health issues. ive just never seen anything like it before. its just sad.

· Registered
419 Posts
believe me when i tell you that i love the beagle breed as much as anybody does. they just seem to have a lot of "life threatening and quality of life threatening" issues going on.
i would love to have a beagle puppy in the house
again. bernie would love it too.
im just having major second thoughts about it.

· Registered
419 Posts
murphysdad

lol, i wasnt actually pushing on it,just kinda rubbing him a little. im just not liking seeing him there day after day in his kennel.
that poor little boy. lord how that must suck.
im not sure if its IVVD or not, i'll have to reread his papers. is that what murph has?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.