Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been away (from the computer) for about two weeks and got back just now. There's so much reading to catch up /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif but let me start with the latest episode in Boeing's daily life /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The other day I took him out for an after-dinner walk. We were passing this neighbor's house when Boeing suddenly stopped walking to poke his head inside their front door. They must be eating something because I could hear the clanking of spoons and plates. Boeing must have smelled food, too. I tried to pull him away from there but he refused to budge and pushed his head further in. To make matter worse, he barked so loud as to let them know of his presence. Sure enough, the lady of the house came out and when she saw him, tail wagging, tongue hanging out, drooling and panting, she said, "He must be hungry. He knows we're having food. Wait here and I'll give you a piece." I said, "No, thank you. Please, he just ate." But she disappeared inside the house. Now to the beagle I hissed "Get moving, you beggar!!" The little beggar simply sat on the sidewalk and looked at me like I was the one trying to make a scene. I tugged and pulled at his leash but he was so stubborn. Just then the lady came out with her daughter (both are dog lovers, thank goodness!), who was holding a small piece of roast chicken in her hand. She asked me if I would allow Boeing to have it. Seeing it was a small piece, I gave in. But we all know what beagles are like with food, right? One little piece is really nothing to him. Boeing started to behave like he had never seen food in his entire life and the girl was going to get more for him. I had to tell her that one piece was enough and that they'd better go back to their dinner. I thanked them before they went back inside. Now, the little beggar, seeing he wouldn't get any more of that delicious chicken, started his trademark barking again, only louder. He sat there persistently, butt glued to the ground, and however hard I pulled he wouldn't move. Finally I lifted him up and walked a few steps away before I put him down again. Once on the ground, he turned around and started to run back to that house. I had to pick him up again and walk the rest of the way home, with the beagle squirming and barking plaintively in my arms. What a scene we made to passing cars and people walking by!!! Once home, he looked at me like I was the meanest person in the world and went to his favorite corner to sulk.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Now that is seriously funny! I can just picture it and I know your pain. Sometimes Soozie throws such a fit I just pick her up and carry her and I wonder what people are thinking.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
:lol2:
That is funny! Boeing and mom, I miss you, wondered where you've been all this time. Ahhhh! sniffing other people's food out, for 2 long weeks! (just joking)
We have so many new beagles, exciting. :bounce:

Charlie mom

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
:hysterical:
I'm sorry but I had to laugh just picturing that. I'm always amazed at the Beagle personality.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Charlie mom:
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I'm catching up on the latest happenings on Beagle World. Glad to be back!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry Boeing's Mom, I had to laugh /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
Ain't it funny how our furry friends tummy seems to think for them instead of their brain sometimes? :hi: Luce and Milla would have loved to be in Boeing shoes that day :hi:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Oh Boeing!

You have the face of an angel but you are really a lovable little devil! :evilgrin:

Hilarious story!

·
Registered
345 Posts
That is the funniest story and it sounded very familiar. When Fin gets in one of his stubborn moods(when isn't he stubborn?), I have to pick him up and carry him in. I too wonder what our neighbors must think of me and my squirming, barking, uncontrollable beagle. I wish I had more control over him like his dad does, I feel he knows I'm the weaker pack leader. Its weird though, Fin listens to me most of the time we are in the house but as soon as we're outside he's in his own little world.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I'm sorry, but that is such a funny story! Boeing is sure one determined little guy, even for a beagle!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I feel your pain. Last night we had a financial advisor over to our place and Caesar kept farting. It was the most disgusting smell ever. Even our visitor said he had never smelled anything that bad. I was so embarassed and I had to keep a canister of Febreeze at the table to mask his odor. I think we need to change his food.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Okay, that's one of the funniest things I've ever read. Boeing is quite a character. It's greatt that the neighbors took it all in stride!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Loved that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Our first beagle embarrassed us in a different way. We were on holiday in Spain, at a festival. A lot of the people were very poor and we sat at a table with such a family. They had two children and we gave the children some money to get sweets. A bit later the family were eating chicken, a real luxury for them. They decided to give Bilbo a piece of their precious meat an what did she do? She buried it in the sandy floor!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Great embarrassing beagle stories all around!

Our best one was shortly after we got Booker. We have a Jazz Festival every year in our neighbourhood and we happened to be walking by this outdoor area (which is somewhat like an ampitheatre) where there was a performance going on with a crowd of people watching it. There was also a guy in a giant Listerine bottle costume and two assistants who were handing out samples of those Listerine pocket-pack strips (which were quite new at the time). Well, Booker took one look at this giant moving Listerine bottle and went beserk - barking and howling like she was being attacked. He then made it worse by pretending to come towards her and hamming it up a bit... she was so totally freaked out she backed up away from him and fell down a couple of stairs (nothing series). The performers actually stopped performing and the entire crowd turned to watch Booker's freak-out instead. I really did want to bury myself in the ground at that moment - much like Bilbo and his chicken! Needless to say we now try to avoid large Listerine bottles - luckily that isn't too much trouble to do!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts