Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the sleeping with beagles topic and my Dillon is the same way most of your beagles do. He hogs more than half my full-sized bed, mostly sleeps under the covers, sometimes I wake up in the middle of night to find half my beagle sticking out from the covers, sleeps with his back very snugly tight against my back or legs.

When Dillon feels it's time to wake me up, he'll walk around my head then lay down with his head resting on top of my neck. He'll stay that way until I eventually wake up about a minute later or so. Do any of your beagles do that, too to wake you up?

This is so hilariously funny! Dillon once had a hard time waking me up so do you know what he did that was so funny to wake me up? He actually did get ON TOP OF ME and lay down on top of me. In my dream, I'm wondering why the hell I am feeling extra weight on my chest and stomach. And I woke up to find my beagle actually on top of me and I said, Dillon, what are you doing on top of me? He's wagging his tail and gives me the look that says, Good morning, Dad. It's about time you woke up. So I got up and started laughing hard about him being on top of me.

·
Registered
400 Posts
LOL.

Java, doesn't sleep on my bed, but he does sleep in my bedroom. I often wake up to find him two front paws on my bed staring at me (and I mean STARING). To me, his expression says Dude, look at the time. A beags' gotta pee, ya know

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
My girls don't sleep on my bed but Sherry wakes me up by pacing around the living room and going in and out the doggie door over and over again. If it was up to Rosa she would sleep way past my alarm clock going off.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Spock loves to sleep in. Bones, on the other hand, straddles my stomach and sits on me. If that doesn't work, she starts licking my face.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Menolly and I wake up like clockwork every morning at 6. I can't really tell who wakes who up; I usually roll over and stretch, then she does before crawling to me on her belly, wagging her tail and 'grunting' at me . If I'm lazy, she get up and licks me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Originally Posted By: Java the Beagle I often wake up to find him two front paws on my bed staring at me (and I mean STARING)
Mine does that too - I defy anyone to sleep through The Beagle Stare!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker is very polite and waits for my alarm to go off. Then he paws on the side of the bed to get me up. Once he sees I am up, he runs outside to pee then back in for breakfast. One time he didn't want to wait so he jumped on my chest and stared at me.

Cleo on the other hand would wake us up whenever she felt it was time for breakfast. She would paw at the bed, then go out and try to get Tucker to wake us, then start arooing in the living room because we would have to get out of bed to get her to stop. Once we shut her in our room so she wouldn't go out and arooo (she wouldn't aroo in our room), so she started playing with the spring door stop to wake us up. She was real smart when it came to getting fed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Baxter is the one that gets woke up!
he streeeeeeetches and slowly comes out of his crate...that he LOVES at night, and his naps(just not when im not home..LOL)

·
Registered
223 Posts
When he was allowed on the bed, Arty would wake me up by gently pawing me in the face. It was really cute!!

Now he is not allowed on the bed anymore but sleeps outside in the living room instead. We leave the bedroom door open, however so in the mornings when he wants to wake us up he'll sit at the doorway and stare (yes, i totally agree, that beagle stare definitely wakes me up)... but if the beagle stare didnt work fast enough, he will also let out the tiniest softest whimper/whine and then as soon as he sees you roll over and make eye contact he'll come bounding in with his tail in full swing.

·
Registered
959 Posts
One of my boys sleeps in bed with us....he won't wake us up, until it's about an hour later than he should have --- and then it's with a scratch near our faces. Casie, however, is in a crate still, and he starts a very low cry and then gets louder and louder until he's howling to be let out. I am hoping we can graduate him to the bed or at least out of the crate soon, but as of yet, there are too many things for him to get into trouble with during the night.

Cathy
Cobi and Casie's mom

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have to wake Caesar up, and he reminds me of a grumpy teenager. He's not impressed when I wake him (he moans and groans) and I usually have pick him up and stand him on all fours or he'll go back to sleep.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Originally Posted By: Artimus BW but if the beagle stare didnt work fast enough, he will also let out the tiniest softest whimper/whine and then as soon as he sees you roll over and make eye contact he'll come bounding in with his tail in full swing.
that's EXACTLY what happens!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey stands over me giving me the Beagle Stare. If I manage to ignore her and sleep through that, she goes and scratches on the door to the bedroom until I get up.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Our hounds would happily sleep until noon or later pretty much every day - we definitely have to wake them up most mornings! But every once in a while one will actually need to go out and they each have different ways of getting our attention - or should I say my attention since they always come to my side of the bed! Moosie does the stare (which isn't all the effective if I am sound asleep), Booker whines, and Popcorn tickles my face with her whiskers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Our Ruby sleeps in her bed in the hallway right outside of our bedroom door. We gate the bedroom, or else she'll crawl in bed with us. I'm hoping she'll grow out of that and we can eventually keep the gate down. Anyway, in the morning, she's quiet until we make the slightest turn or roll in bed. Then the high pitched whimpering starts. And God forbid we give her any eye contact! Then the whining gets loud! We think that her rule in her head is If it's morning and you're awake AT ALL, the gate comes down. Once we're out of bed, we pull up the bed spread (don't like hair in sheets) and we take the gate down and she jumps on the bed and does her happy wiggles.

Nothing like having a beagle to make sure you get up in the morning!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Eye contact is the worst thing!! Daisy and Rocky are the same about that, but especially Daisy. Rocky sleeps on his pillow on the floor in our room and when he wakes up he just starts clicking around the room (we have hard floors). It's so annoying, but eventually he'll either go back to his pillow or get on the bed and climb on us. Daisy is pretty good until you make eye contact or until Rocky starts his clicking. Then she's up!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Sadie is the first one up always. She sleeps in the bed, usually between me and hubbie. She will sit up and scratch for a few min. Then walk across hubbie and jump down. After a few min. she will start whining. If that doesn't get me us, she will come to my side of the bed and paw and whine at me. If I still dare to ingnore Queen Sadie, she will bark, bark, bark.

Pooh Bear sleeps at the foot of the bed and would sleep in if Sadie would.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The bedroom door is left open for air circulation, and so the cat can come and go, but we gate the doorway to keep the Beag's in the room. Belle the 13 girl just comes up by our face, me first, and if I'm out cold then she goes to my wifes face, does a little lick and a bit of pawing at a hand or shoulder. Tinker the 18 boy just goes to the floor, paces back and forth on my side and does the wimper. And stares at me when I begin to stir. Talk about 'body clock' though! They get me up within several minutes at the same time of night (although it changes every few months, for example, right now they get me up at 3:20 every morning...next month it will be 4 or 2:15 or something...) and again, quite literally, about two minutes before the alarm goes off. Can they read the clock or something?? No, I keep the clock pointed to the wall so the green lights don't bug me, so they are not recognizing the numbers on the clock and waking me up. The good news is that if the power goes out, they will get me up two minutes before the alarm would have gone off. The bad news I can't use the excuse to sleep in and miss work and blame the power outage! Duh-oh!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts