Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like People names for my babies. Lillie just looked like a Lillie and we fiddled back and forth with names until we discovered Chloe.

Stray Jack was named cause hubby called him a [email protected] for a long time cause he was dumb enough to try and stick around (and he apparently succeded)....until he became Hubby's favorite and now he is Jackson!

·
Registered
168 Posts
For some reason I was looking for an italian or latin name for my lil man. I was thinking Salvatore, Angelo and my friend mentioned Vinnie then I had thought of Marco Polo and she loved Marco. There it is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I went through a lot of names from baby naming sites, nothing seemed right...until "Abby" popped into my head. It was the only name I felt a great peace with and the only one that really "fit" her.

·
Registered
25 Posts
my baby boy was at a shelter So he was named free willy ,Now it is Wee Willy

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hunter got her name because when we first got her she always had her nose to the ground sniffing. Casey got hers from the song that has the phrase" Casey Jones why do you walk so fast" Or something like that. Mike would sing it as she would run around and Casey seemed to fit. Yes her middle name is Jones when she's in trouble. LoL

·
Registered
37 Posts
For the longest time I've wanted a Beagle. I fell in love with their barks and "arroooOOOOOO's," and when I saw a litter of older beag pups all howling and baying, it seemed like they were singing. I figured if my boy was going to be a the king of barking, I would name him after "The King," not to mention he is a hound-dog, and quite the ladies man!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Vinny is named after Vincent Lecavalier of my beloved Tampa Bay Lightning because Beagle Vinny has a V shaped patch of fur on his neck. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I wanted a Disney name for my pup, and when my cousin and I was sitting with Chloe the first day I got her, we got to Pinocchio and liked Cleo.... but then from some reason Chloe just entered my mind and it stuck.

It just fits! She looks like a Chloe to me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
When we adopted Li'l Girl, we were trying to decide what the perfect name would be. In the meantime, we were calling her Little Girl. She started responding to that, so we decided not to muddy the waters, shortened it to Li'l Girl, and that became her name. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

·
Registered
225 Posts
When we first met Blue, he was only two weeks old. The breeder had different color "collars" on each dog to keep them separate. We kept refering to all of them by colors and kept talking about the blue one, what do you think little blue is going to look like, little blue is the quite one...Blue stuck. Well that and we were fighting between naming him Peyton or Elway and there was no way my baby would be named Elway!!! Therefore we have Blue aka Blue Suede Shoes (dad hates that!!!)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Are you ready for this?? These are in pack order!

Princess - she was originally purchased for my (then) teenaged granddaughter - she'd always said she wanted a puppy named "Princess".
Romeo - I had orignally planned to name him "Buddy", but we had to drive over 100 miles to get him - stopped at a pet store in Spokane to pick up the dog food his breeder had been feeding him - and the clerk asked us his name. When I said "Buddy", she said, "oh he's not a Buddy, he's a ROMEO". Granddaughter loved it so he became my Romeo Beagle.
Chloe - she was already named when I got her - it fits her so well, I couldn't change it.
JoJo - JoJo was a gift from her breeder, my friend, Deb - JoJo's sire is from a long line of "Joes" - and I knew I wanted to continue that. Her registered name is "Joe's Crescent Moon" - from the moon shape on her hip.
Tanna - Mojave Desert Santana is his registered name - he was already named when I got him.
Lottie - "Ladmar's Whole Lotta Trouble" - is her registered name - but to me she's my "Little Lottie".
Joe - named for his sire, dam, grandsire, and great grandmother - his registered name is Jo-Tan's Little Dancing Joe.
Jack - his registered name is "Sniff 'n Snack Palouse Jack" - he'd had the "puppy name" of "Jack" - given to him when he was just days old - because of his habit of crawling into the corner of the whelping box and YOWLING to be rescued. The people who bought him kept the "Jack" - but added the rest for his registration. He was later returned to me because he liked to chase their cats.
Bella - "My Little Bella Angel" is her registered name - she was very sick when she was just about a month old - her "puppy name" was "Annabelle" - given to her by my grandson's girlfriend - but I never liked it - so started calling her "Bella" - she's my "Angel" because I almost lost her.
Angel - "Jo-Tan's Miracle Angel" - was the ONLY survivor of a litter of 4 - and was a true "miracle" for her family. She's a little /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eyes.gif though!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Boeing got his name because my boyfriend (then) who went with me to pick up the beagle pup from the breeder was an airline pilot.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
My daughter named Maggie. She picked the name before we had a dog but when we first saw Maggie it seemed to fit her. I often call her Maggie May. There is a children's book about beagle named Maggie May.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
My first beagle was named Molly because the day we picked her out, I took one look at her, and I just immediately knew that's what her name was going to be. Unfortunately, we lost our precious Molly in a terrible accident several months ago, when she was only 3 years old.

Needing another beagle to help ease the pain of our loss and fill the void of her absence, we got a new beagle baby a month ago. We weren't sure what we wanted to name her, but I knew I wanted something that sounded similar to Molly.

The day we picked her up from the breeder, Maggie May by Rod Stewart was playing on the radio in the car. My husband and I both looked at each other and simultaneously said "Maggie!" Hence, her name! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
105 Posts
When I picked Sadie up at the rescue, her name was Eagle Beagle but I couldn't bring myself to call her that. It just didn't fit to me. I almost immediately thought of Sadie in the car on the drive home but still went through a list of names. We were testing Sadie out and she just started responding like it had always been her name! Interestingly, I had to take her to the vet about a month or so later. When they were calling the other doctor to transfer her records they couldn't find anything under Eagle Beagle. We then found out that she had also been a Sophie. For me, she's my Sadie, the super beagle! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My boyfriend named our dogs - and the snake - after Star Trek characters because he's a fan. We've been together more than 4 years now, and it was only when he decided to get Spock that I discovered how big a fan of the series he is. The snake is called Romulus. He's even got action figures of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as Star Trek characters; I had no idea those were even made, but there they are on the wall in the computer room. Ha! I like his choices. Spock is a distinctive dog name - don't think that we're going to run into another Spock at the dog park. Bones is easy to find matching accessories for, since so many leashes and collars and other dog-related items have little bones printed on them.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts