·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...when he looks at me like this? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
LOL! It's true, their eyes are so expressive. Duke gets this look where he turns them down and it gets us every time.

You know how in the Shrek movies, Puss-n-Boots gets that cute little sad kitty eyes? That's the same trick beagles use! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Beagle's eyes are their biggest weapon. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do any of your beagles have "selective hearing"?

Well, in our house we have selective vision. When we're making dinner (or pretty much in the kitchen at any time) we don't look down or else we get the "look", demonstrated nicely by Boeing in the above picture. As soon as I look down, I melt every time. Its unfair really. Silly beagles.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That same look got Jersey some turkey and cheese this afternoon! I think it's humanly impossible to say NO to that face. And the Beagles know it! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
794 Posts
so cute!!!!
Georgia's eyes are more intense, than begging...I think...

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Oh Boeing's mom, Boeing is so cute. I hope you do not mind, I would prefer this picture to your aviator's. It is also cute only that he was sleeping, this one he is even smiling! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Hunter's Dad:
Do any of your beagles have "selective hearing"?

Well, in our house we have selective vision. When we're making dinner (or pretty much in the kitchen at any time) we don't look down or else we get the "look", demonstrated nicely by Boeing in the above picture. As soon as I look down, I melt every time. Its unfair really. Silly beagles.
Do you mean that " bet if you gave me a bite I would eat it",kind of look ? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
147 Posts
oh yeah-that look gets homer london broil(and not just the bad parts but the good stuff too!),ramen broth from my lunch 4-5 times a week,and many other things in his bowl when hubby ain't watching-hehe(he doesn't want him to get too much people food but how can you say no when they look like that?)we are all a big bunch of SUCKERS and our dogs know it :hysterical:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now try this! Boeing gives me one of these pleading looks when I'm eating. The pleading look turns very intense when I stick a piece of food out between my lips and he's kind of expecting me to drop it in his bowl. But no..I suck the food back in and that intense look turns quizzical, you know, that oh-so-cute-head-cocking-to-one-side expression. Then I stick it out again and I can see a little twitch in his face when he looks expectantly at the food hanging between my lips. I do this a few times just to see him cocking his head. Then he decides he's had enough and starts jumping on me. Oh, boy...talking about a very pissed-off beagle :hysterical:

Hunter's Dad, I'd say Boeing does have 'selective hearing.' I don't know how, but his ears seem to be well-tuned to the sound of the fridge opening. Even when he's napping, he'll dash to the fridge as soon as somebody opens it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hahaha -- I'm so glad I joined this site. The reinforcement my beagle is not the only one that acts this way is so reassuring.

Hunter knows the fridge opening but even worse than that is ziplock bags. We always keep cooked bacon strips (I know, I know, its fatty and unhealthy) in the fridge for him in a ziplock bag. Someone opening a ziplock bag sends him in a dead sprint from anywhere in the house. And then of course he breaks out "the look".

·
Registered
112 Posts
:exactly:
How could anyone Say no to those beagle eyes and the soulful gaze!
Molly knows exactly how to get what she wants!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am trying to figure out a way to disconnect the "ring" on my microwave ! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts