Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to wonder if mollie is older than what our breeder told us, her behaviour etc seems right for a 4 month old beagle (she's 4 months old today) & she's just losing her puppy teeth, but when people show me photos of their 4 month old they are tiny baby just bigger than your palm kind of size! She's triple the size of any other four month old I've seen, so I was wondering if you guys could share your opinions or your pictures of your pup at 4 months. Here's some photos to show her size.

Bella & Mollie

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
My dog grew rapidly for at least 6-7 months. She went from 5lbs at 8wks to 20lbs at 6 months then the growth was slower. I was amazed at how big she got so fast. She's 2yrs and 25.7lbs now and holding steady. She's a 15" dog.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
there was a thread that I can't find with some beagle weights at 4months I remember because I posted there a year ago , right now my dog is 1 year and 4 months 19kg/ about 42 lbs, nowhere close to fat ( jesus I have to say this all the time or people think the worse ).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Beagles come in all sizes and shapes - and I've had most of them:p. I bought my 2nd beagle, a male, when he was 8 weeks old and a "chunky monkey" - a week later I was given a little girl - she was about 2 weeks older than "the chunk", and was less than half his size. She tops out now about 15-16# and is about 10" tall. At one point Romeo was 42#, and 14 3/4" tall - but he was a very "sturdy beagle" - NOT fat - just very solid. I have another tiny girl, who is short and "squat". My JoJo's mom was a little girl, but she had an 18", 53# FULL BROTHER, so I didn't have any idea how big JoJo might be - but she was more "medium sized" (about 24#) - and most of her pups were in the 20-22# range - not teeny, but not big either. In her first litter she had 4 pups - a "big" girl and a "little girl", and a "big" and a "little" boy. You just never know what you're going to get with a beagle. That's part of the fun:dance:!

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
there was a thread that I can't find with some beagle weights at 4months I remember because I posted there a year ago , right now my dog is 1 year and 4 months 19kg/ about 42 lbs, nowhere close to fat ( jesus I have to say this all the time or people think the worse ).
It's all those sausages...lol...just kidding. Hey it's like humans, we come in all sizes too even in the same family.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok thanks guys! Il have a look at that link now! It's funny, mollie has never had human food, she literally is fed dry kibble & a dry dog biscuit as a treat! She just seems to be growing and growing every time I look at her lol! Yes Milly.beagle those pictures are like the ones I keep looking at and thinking wow where is my tiny puppy!! She is adorable!

Il get her weighed and measured this evening and see if she's ok for her age, Thankyou for all the replies x

Bella & Mollie

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Your dog is very cute and looks quite normal size for 4 months.. my dog pretty much was full grown at about 8 months...as far as height and length. My dog lost her baby teeth at 4 months. And your dog definitely looks full beagle.
Welcome to the forum..
Here's Cassie at various ages

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your dog is very cute and looks quite normal size for 4 months.. my dog pretty much was full grown at about 8 months...as far as height and length. My dog lost her baby teeth at 4 months. And your dog definitely looks full beagle.
Welcome to the forum..
Here's Cassie at various ages
View attachment 42049
Thank You, she is still teething, not all teeth yet came out, but I hope soon.
She hates kibble any type and only eating puppy food raw diet, for puppies created by the family owned business ProDog Raw, for puppies with all nutrients etc and for bigger dogs a bit more expensive but she loves it. It is made from the finest meat and veggies!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts