Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an amazing, sassy, and sweet blue tick beagle named Mina! She's the joy of my life and growing up too fast! When I picked her up at 8 1/2 weeks old she was a little over 4.5 pounds. Tiny, but mighty! She's gained weight very consistently and the vet doesn't have any concerns with her health. She just turned 5 months and is going rampant with her teenage rebellion.
She grew like a weed height wise and suddenly slowed. She's about 10/11 inches right now and hasn't gained much height in a few weeks. She's a little over 14 1/2 lbs right now and seemed to reach a plateau in her rapid weight gain. I'm curious about other beagles weight growth. I searched a lot of growth charts but there's not a lot for beagles for some reason.
How fast did your smaller beagle puppies grow? Do blue ticks sometimes turn out to be smaller?
8 weeks- 4.5ish
9 weeks- 5.6
11 weeks- 7.4
13 weeks- 9.4
14 weeks- 10.4
17 weeks- 13.2
20 weeks 14.7

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Sooo adorable!!
My dog was about the same size at your dog's age. At about 6 1/2 months my dog came out of the crate one morning fully grown. I stared and thought..what happened overnight?!! Lol. She basically stayed at that size. My dog is 8 1/2 yrs old. Weighs 26lbs and is 15 inches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey! You have a beautiful dog! I didn’t realize blue-ticks came so light in color! Mines a lot darker:) Her Name is Gamma (like a gamma ray) & a she’s three-year-old 13-incher (she actually comes to 11 1/2) & she weighs 23lbs! We tell people she’s small but it’s like carrying around a bag of bowling balls!

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Thank you for the compliment. Cassie isnt a blue tick.. thats why she's light.. i was commenting on the size and weight .
Gamma is very cute..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello! Hope this goes in the right place this time —I answered your question about how big my blue-tick is but i accidentally posted it under the your previous reply-er so if you’re still interested please scroll down & have a look:) it’s nice to see other blue-ticks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts