Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to be bothersome with all these questions. Someday soon I will hopefully be able to give out some advice.

Finley's housetraining is coming along ok, but he still has some hiccups. He's only 14 weeks old and usually does well. He knows outside is the place to go. When I take him out, as long as there isn't too many distractions, he usually gets right down to business. He's been pretty much doing fine with #2, but he still pees inside a couple times a night. He knows he souldn't be doing that because as soon as I see him he takes off. Is this just a puppy's small bladder or is he being defiant? I originally tried to train him on the wee-wee pads but they just became chew toys. Should I try and go back to them or is it too late for that?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes I forget how young Fin really is. He feels like he's been part of the family forever and I've only had him 5 1/2 weeks, lol. He's starting to signal at the back door by going in that direction, but is yet to bark or make any noise telling us it's time to go. When I catch him going in the house I try to scoop him up as quick as possible and get him outside. Now if he is already done with this business is this pointless? Should I be approaching this differently?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts