Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started yesterday, i would take her outside and she will go pee, then we go back in and 3 mins later she pees again inside the house!!!

Even if i take her outside every 10 mins, she goes inside the house after we get back in.

then it started again today, i take her outside everytime she starts sniffing, and she will go outside, or atleast she is squating, and then we come back in and she goes inside the house!!

what can i do??

should i crate her right after i had taken her outside after she has eat and drink?? Then after 30 mins take her outside again??

I praise her outside, inside i tell her no.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blue was doing that to us on the road yesterday coming home. Wish I had an answer for you, we are home with him all this week so we are making sure we take him out every hour, and so far the only accidents are at night. We haven't been able to get him to stay in the kennel very long during the day yet, but that will have to be fixed by next weekend!! Good luck with the training!!

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
stick with it is all I can say, it will all work out in the end. carry on doing what your doing, giving her plenty of praise outside when she goes. Good luck.

Andy.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Maybe you should crate her after you go back in.... just for a while to see how it goes. If it continues in the crate... I would check with the vet to rule out UTI...
Good-Luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Chloe's Mommy:
Maybe you should crate her after you go back in.... just for a while to see how it goes. If it continues in the crate... I would check with the vet to rule out UTI...
Good-Luck :thumbup:
we can rule out UTI, She don't go in her crate. I am going to restrict the area she can play in the house, which will do two things. Less room for her to go at, and puts her closer to me so i don't have to go across the room to stop her as she used to have the whole living room.

then as we get better at controlling her peeing habit we will expand the area again.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Patience folks, puppies are more difficult and takes time and challenge. I've gone through it, I'm sure you can do it too. Hard work though, remembering the nights in the cold, me walking Charlie out to the yard, my eyes half open, I'm glad I didn't fall. Still with a great spirit praising him doing a great job peeing. Just as soon as you see them stir in their crates, take them out. You can try my trick with the bell. Ring the bell each time when you go out to the yard. And do not forget the treat and a praise. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Good luck! Be persistent!
Oh do not expect a miracle to happen soon. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
How old is pup? You have to be patient and tolerant, its fustrating I know but they do get it in the end.

Gwenni-Wigwig is now 10 months but was at least six months plus before totally toilet trained. We still have the occasional accident when she forgets as she is a very busy beagle and is always playing.

Dont forget they have tiny little bladders and are babies so have to go often and cant hold it too long.

If you have other dogs they help with the toilet training.

Foxy-Roo is convinced that Gwenni is her puppy and they go around together. (Gwenni as a tiny puppy was adopted by Foxy who did try to pick her up the scruff a couple of times and would wash her)

Gwenni is convinced that she is Foxy too and copies Foxy (they do the same naughty things)

Ahh good old Caleb, hes still one on his own that one! he lives in his own beagly world doing his own thing! He is one beagle that moves to the beat of a different drum than the rest!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I feel your pain...Polly's meds are making her have accidents at night, in OUR bed, and it's making me crazy!!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Beware the phantom pee! They learn quickly that if they squat and pretend to pee they still get praise and a cookie. However, learning to pee outside, not inside is a much harder concept to learn. Caesar did this. It just takes time and patience with a puppy. Make sure that she IS peeing outside. Going in the crate immediatley after sounds like a good idea. Good Luck!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Caesar's Mom:
Beware the phantom pee! They learn quickly that if they squat and pretend to pee they still get praise and a cookie. However, learning to pee outside, not inside is a much harder concept to learn. Caesar did this. It just takes time and patience with a puppy. Make sure that she IS peeing outside. Going in the crate immediatley after sounds like a good idea. Good Luck!
Yea it got to the point that i was making sure she was going instead of just squating now. Of course i wash my hands as soon as I get back in the house.

:wave: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts