Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shelby does really well about peeing outside and letting us know when she needs to go out. But just the other day she met a puppy next door so EVERY time she whines at the door its to book it to the neighbor's to look for puppy. Since I've gotten tired of chasing her over there, I don't let her out when she whines every two minutes-- just here and there. Well this morning she has pooped in the house TWICE! I don't know what to do! Because I know if I let her out every time she whined she would just run over there and not do the deed anyway. Any help you can give me would be appreciated!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your suggestions, they're great ideas! I wondered about giving her a piece of food (since even THAT would be exciting to her) every time she does her deed outside and saying good girl but she runs away from me when I walk up to her.. We do have a kennel for her and she makes a ruckus when she doesn't want to be in there. I think that will teach her though. Thank you again, everyone! If anything else comes to mind, please feel free to share!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We recently moved back in with my parents and she has done very well with peeing outside but has been pooping inside. My mom's dogs do that sometimes and get away with it so maybe she smells it and does it as well and doesn't get punished-- I do. Even though I'm not home when it happens. We're trying to buy a house and I'm worried that she will think that this will be ok when we do. My husband read that its common for dogs to do that when they're insecure with their surroundings..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts