Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a beagle owner in another general dog forum that I belong to that has a 2 year old rescue. She has been unable to house train her beagle. I told her I would ask for suggestions from those of you who are more experienced and have worked with rescue dogs. Do any of you have things that have worked well for you?

·
Registered
182 Posts
We had real issues with Blaze,our first beagle. She's not a rescue but we have rescues too. She would never tell us when she needed to go out. What worked for us was a dog door. The beagles we adopted were both pretty well house trained. The foxhound was a different story and the only thing that worked with her was consistency - taking her out every hour, until she got the idea.

I don't know what your friend has already tried so it's hard to give ideas.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
We almost despaired with our Susi, who came to us at 5 years from a research centre. It was no good shouting at her when she peed in the lounge, or on the bed! Eventually she got the message but still has the odd accident. We dont make a fuss, just clear up after her. Snoopy has never done anything in the house, maybe he has shown Susi where she should be doing it. Your fellow message board person should not get angry with their beagle. Make sure she is taken out very often, long walks and lots of fuss when she does go outside.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Due to weather changing, Charlie refuses to go at night and in the morning. Couple of days in a row I found accident in the house. So, I decided to close the gate of the crate at night. Slept through the night and go voluntarilly in the morning, no accident. :hi: Well, will see when the weather gets much colder, this is only the beginning. Crate is a great helper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts