Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have some questions or more like pleas for help or tips on house breaking my little beagle. She is 4 months old and stubborn as all get out! I've tried everything I could find on getting a beagle house broken, but nothing has worked.

She pees constantly, it seems. I've had her checked for a UTI last week, but everything came back fine. It seems that she goes at least 2-3 times in a 30 minute period. I don't know when I should be taking her out as she doesn't exhibit any "pre-toilet" behavior she just stops and goes mid-walk, no sniffing, no indications at all.

I know she can hold it because she does fine in her crate at night. I am just trying to get her to understand that she should be holding her bladder the same way she does in the cage, while she is out of the cage but I am failing miserably.

I am so upset. No amount of praise or reward treats have seemed to make a dent on the situation. I take her out, and she will go pee and then go again in the house a few minutes later. What am I doing wrong?

Please Help!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

·
Registered
182 Posts
I hate to say it but we had the same issues with Blaze. She never let us know when she needed to go out. I have two suggestions. One is to get some bells on a string, you can buy them on the internet http://www.poochie-pets.net/index.html or make your own. Then you need to train your pup to associate ringing the bells with the door opening. Ours never quite grasped the concept. Suggestion #2 was the only thing that worked for Blaze - a doggie door. Once we had one installed, no more issues in the house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts