Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might be a ******* if... "The sweetest music you've ever heard was the sound of a pack of dogs running through a swamp at midnight"! (Even better if they are a pack of beags)! No wonder that beags are also known as "the musical hound"! Soo much of their vocalizations can be recognized by a "trained ear" to the point that "direct comunication" is a reality! Goober is a master of communication when it comes to several situations like Snapper & Duke were! They may never have the ability to talk...But between their clever use of body-language & vocalizations, "they can speak volumes"! :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
You can say that again NR!!! Our two are very vocal when we walk in the woods. Susi sounds like she is being strangled.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Molly definitely has her different sounding Arroos. You can hear the difference between the someone is here and I smell a bunny. When Tim takes her hunting, the first timers that go with them hardly ever get a shot off because they are laughing so hard. What is it about a howling beagle that makes people so happy?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by missmollygirl:
... What is it about a howling beagle that makes people so happy?
I don't know, but I hope they never stop. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hound hunting=survival! Pop was born before ww2 into a family that had a hard time with the depression of the 1930,s Oklahoma! It was that time when Pop learned to love the breed of the beag that "always" found a way to put food on the table! (Heck...if it were not for a beagle named Daisy....I might not be here to share my knowledge of the breed!) :thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh, there is nothing sweeter in the world! I love to see them howling! With their cute little snoots up in the air and thier little puppy lips and chin and scrunched up to an "o"

When we found Marty on petfinder.com we went to visit him at the shelter and as soon as he saw us that little snoot almost hit the top of his kennel! It was love at first sight.

Phoebe is more of a barker, but she will howl when she sees birds or squirrels in the backyard. It's sweet because she still has her little girl voice and it's a high-pitched little squeel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts