Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So we have hot weather moving in. Right now it’s just over 100. Gonna be that way for the next week with 111 projected for Tuesday and Wednesday. I just returned from some errands and the Budster was waiting at the door. I tossed a treat out for him and he stepped onto the deck and came right back in. Guess I’ll be walking him this evening when it finally cools down. I should just hose him down
How is your weather and how does your Beagle deal with it?

·
Super Moderator
5,257 Posts
It's in the 90's and humid here. Oliver is almost 12 now so we keep him in most of the time except for potty and a tiny walk, The AC is going and he likes to lay on the tile floor or on the cooling mat we got for him.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buddy is now 11 1/2. When I take him for a walk it’s difficult to keep it short. He jut wants to keep going regardless of the weather. If it’s hot, like now, he’ll pant from the heat but he’s so stubborn he’ll just want to keep going. I guess it’s because I’ve walked him so much over the years and our walks tend to be long.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Its been about 100 here in SoCal where I live. Cassie keeps wanting to go out but after a short time she comes in and flops on the cool tile floor and so it goes all day. Today she puked her food on the grass..i think from the heat. I make sure she has fresh water. We have the AC going constantly.. hopefully the electric company doesn't shut us down.. as they have been known to do.. :cool:

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Yike.. Bud has the right idea. Cassie goes out for 5 minutes then wants in..then out..then in... and so it goes all day.. fortunately our temp has gone down some. My aunt lives in the desert where it has been 120°

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Been very hot here as well. I do an early morning and late evening walk before the sun sets. When it's really hot we just run out for potty breaks. If it's not too bad we sit under the trees for a bit of fresh air. We had a cool front come through last night and it got down to 55. It felt like fall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Their beds have a cooling pad just to make their body cool and hydrate is really the key. If their tongue is showing I give them water slightly above the temperature of tap water (but not too cold).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts