Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was walking across the street, a lady in the car rolled down her window and said Charlie is hopping, something wrong with his hind leg.
I thanked her said I'll keep an eye. Well, he walks funny, kind of bow legged. His legs are longer to begin with. Daddy said he noticed he has been nipping his bottom of his foot, maybe a plinter. We checked, nothing. I'm just worrying that incident happened in the dog park the other day. The big dog fell on him and he yelped.
Nothing in particular, he is not complaining of any pain. Trip to the vet seems a bit over reacting. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif In fact we were at the vet on Tuesday, routine check, more shots done, ears clean and nails clipped, he is officially 26 whooping lb no problem at all.
What do you folks think. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Just keep an eye on him; Maggie occasionally injures a back leg while playing hard.

It can be a one-time-thing OR the beginning of a chronic condition, so make mental notes of how-when-severity in case it happens again.

Of course, if he doesn't improve, then it's off to the vet. :freak:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hope Charlie is o.k. Dont over excerise him but keep an eye on how he walks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I agree, just watch him and see how it goes. Sometimes they step on something and limp for a little bit. I think Buster limps sometimes just for something different to do. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Charlie mom:
As I was walking across the street, a lady in the car rolled down her window and said Charlie is hopping, something wrong with his hind leg.
I thanked her said I'll keep an eye. Well, he walks funny, kind of bow legged. His legs are longer to begin with. Daddy said he noticed he has been nipping his bottom of his foot, maybe a plinter. We checked, nothing. I'm just worrying that incident happened in the dog park the other day. The big dog fell on him and he yelped.
Nothing in particular, he is not complaining of any pain. Trip to the vet seems a bit over reacting. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif In fact we were at the vet on Tuesday, routine check, more shots done, ears clean and nails clipped, he is officially 26 whooping lb no problem at all.
What do you folks think. Thanks
While beagles can suffer from Hip Dysplasia (HD) I would just keep a check on him. Check his foot. Sometimes dogs have a habit of chewing on their feet and creating a raw spot on the pad of their foot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts