Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hoping all of our BW family is doing okay and staying healthy. I am still working as essential staff (I handle the money). NY is pretty bad but most of the virus cases are downstate in New York City, I am way up in northern NY. Dogs are super happy because my husband is home a lot. Stay safe!

·
Registered
918 Posts
I am working from home here in Toronto. Toby's been laid off (he works retail). He still has a job, but his employer has ceased in-store operations. Hoping either his Employment Insurance or Canadian Emergency Relief Benefit kicks in timely - there's a huge increase in applications. His official 'last' day is tomorrow, though he's not been at work in a week and half, they've been paying as though he is.

So stressful times here, but the dogs are also happy!

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the lay off but glad you are healthy! We just take it one day at a time. Work has been crazy and it's so odd going from working daily with about 80 people to 10. Yes, the dogs are VERY happy. My husband works for 2 days then is home for 2 days each week.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Hello everybody from California, a virus hot spot like NY. My husband and I have underlying health issues that make this a big concern for us. We and Cassie are hunkered down. Thankfully, I've been a prepper and have a good supply of food, antibacterial supplies, and personal protection. All obtained thinking we would one day be dealing with an earthquake or fire. Who ever thought it would be a virus. We have weeks of human food and Freshpet dog food supply. I got a local independent pet store to deliver more which requires refrigeration. We're in communication with family and neighbors offering support and any needed food or supplies. It looks like this will continue for awhile so best wishes to everybody for good health and sorry for any job disruptions. Had to cancel Cassie's comprehensive exam and dental cleaning for now.

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So glad you are all doing well. You were smart to be "preppers". We have stocked up pretty well, if they do quarentine us I think we have a good amount of stuff.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I am learning to deal with uncertainty! Old Lady techie who wants to know when, where, how and why. It's quite the learning curve!
techie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts