Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! It is so nice to be able to report some good news about Ms. Maggie. Even though we still have no idea what is making her sick, I am glad to say that she ate really well last night and this morning after a week of struggling with the canned prescription food. I met with her vet yesterday afternoon out of frustration -- I was supposed to get Maggie to eat 2 cans a day of the prescription food to try and stabilize her weight loss and she would barely eat a can. If I put out any more, she would put it in her mouth and then just let it fall out. I have been convinced that nausea was one of the reasons she had stopped eating initially and that the new canned food was giving her a stomach ache. Just as I was going to say something to the vet about that he said he was going to put her on Reglan (for nausea/vomiting/anorexia). He also put her on Flagyl to try and help her intestinal tract to move the food along. She had two small meals last night and two more this morning. Should be able to get her to eat even more this weekend as I will be home to space out the food. We won't have any test results from UTenn until at least mid-week next week with probably another ultrasound to follow but I have to latch onto the positive steps now!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Music to my ears about Miss Maggie eating!

We will take the good things even in small steps, won't we?

Yeah! :bounce2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Yesterday, Tippi walked twice as far as usual. Today I could barely get her out the door :doh: No one can say that a pet owner's life is dull,can they /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Yeah Maggie! :pukey: and how I felt when I could actually stand to eat again..you go girl :woohoo:

I hope the nausea stays far far away!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Good! One more of our beags feeling better heading into the weekend. Whew. Another week down.

Great news Judy! Feel better Maggie....one day at a time. :exactly:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
This is such good news, Judy!! Yes, hang onto every bit of good news we can get! I bet Maggie will come through everything just fine. Good girl, Maggie! :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good girl Maggie! I'm glad to hear that she's starting to eat again. It's so scary when our babies aren't right. Give Miss Maggie some extra Beagle loving from Jersey and me!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Good girl, there isn't anything better than to know our babies are eating and drinking and all is well. I'm glad you talked to your vet. If you have a good vet they will keep trying different things until you get a positive result.

I am so thankful that our vet worked with us and we finally have our Sadie feeling better.

OK, now all Beagles on this forum, I want you to all start to feeling better!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Rick,

I'm not a good veggie eater. I'll take that local number for perfect foods where you can get it half price if you don't mind. Thanks.

Hi Judy,

How's sweet Maggie? Like Rick, I've been thinking about her to.

·
Registered
439 Posts
goose

http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=3503

heres a link that tells ya more about this product, even better than garden of life's own web site in my opinion. also click on the little blue bottle called primal defence too.
a study was done on these 2 products.
it was said that between these 2 products aside from the hunger, one could live off of and be in great health. well, with the addition of water of course. please remember, the store i'll be getting you the # for will beat these prices easy.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, all! Thanks for asking about Maggie -- we are waiting impatiently for the test results to come back from Univ. Tenn. The last test was supposed to be run yesterday so am hopeful we will hear something tomorrow. Maggie is only eating a little bit of the canned food and only if I spoon feed her -- the only food item that she seems at all interested in are the liver treats I have given her from time to time. She does seem happy and quite comfortable -- the Reglan and the Flagyl seem to have helped with nausea/diarrhea/stomach aches. Her vet calls every day to check in which is really, really appreciated. He has consulted with Maggie's internist and, after we get back the UTenn results, we will all make a decision about what happens next. Thanks again for checking on my baby!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I so hope that the test results can give you a definite diagnosis. Maggie, you need to eat. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif We mommies get anxious when our wonderful senior ladies ignore food.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I can only imagine you're on pins and needles waiting for those darn test results!

As a kid, mom always fed us saltine crackers and 7-UP when we had nausea......to this day, I can't drink 7-UP....now it reminds me of 'being sick' :biglaugh:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi, Judy

Glad to know that sweet Maggie is eating. I remember each time my dogs were sick in the past, our vet would ask if they still ate their food. "If yes, the problem shouldn't be too serious; if no, we'll dig down to the root of it." So, yes, the ability to eat and keep food down does ease our anxiety a little.

Keep us posted of the test result. Meanwhile, please give the little grand lady gentle hugs from me and Boeing sends her his Harooooo!!!

Pat and Boeing

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Poor Maggie ...... have you heard anything on the results yet? I have been out of town again and am just checking in .....

I hope you get some answers really soon !!

Belly rubs coming from Sammy and me.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts