Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! well I just got my first beagle, Darcy, this past Sunday and am extremely excited! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif I have ALWAYS wanted a beagle and my parents so wonderfuly surprised me with Darcy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif Darcy is about 4 months old and we got her from a friend who bought her at a breeder. The friend got rid of her because they could not potty-train her but I plan on changing that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif Darcy is not the only dog in the house. We have 6 other dogs roaming inside and outside the house - one of which is 8 days older then Darcy so she has a fun playmate. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
So, hi! lol /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to you and Darcy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif Your friend's loss is your gain. Having Darcy completely house trained at four months is very unrealistic./forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif We have 4 dogs, and it's my belief that it's easier to house break a newcomer when she has dogs who are already trained to observe. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/slug.gif

We love pictures so will be looking forward to seeing some of Darcy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pic.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the pack! I just posted on your "feeding schedule" post - but didn't realize she was just 4 months old. I feed my pups about 3 times a day at that age - then gradually cut out the "lunchtime" meal when they're about 6 months old. Since Darcy is your first beagle - you're in for an experience. I was over 60 when I got my first beagle and now am owned by the beagle "tenpack" and with a litter due mid-April! Can't wait for pictures!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the great replies! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/kiss.gif ok well right now I am in the process of making an album of Darcy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pic.gif but I made an album of all the other animals that live here at my zoo. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif lol Here is the link if y'all want to see them! hehehe
http://www.flip.com/people/flipbooks/380532?conNext=true
hope you like it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! I just took at look at your flipbook -- wow!! I hope you and your family have a lot of land. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I bet Darcy is going to have a ball -- looking forward to seeing pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
judymaggie - lol! We used to live in the city...but it got a bit crowded lol so we moved to the wide open country!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
OK, she is one cute beagle!!!!
And her body coloring is very similar to my Chloe's. She had that dark red all over her back and as she got older (13 months now) she got lighter.... now the dark red is just a saddle and the rest of her red is now bright orange!

Enjoy that beautiful girl! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! You're in for quite an adventure. Beagle pups are so much fun (you must have a sense of humor or else you're doomed!). Darcy is a beautiful girl, she looks so much like Eleanor's Chloe! Hope to hear more about your adventures with Darcy!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome, & I wish you a long life with beags as your companions!
Goober is our current recordholder for the longest living beag in our family! He is nearly blind & deaf...BUT still greets me
as if he was the same puppy that I adopted in the spring of 1992!
If you are an intelligent person with a stubborn personality like
I am , Then a beagle is the perfect dog for you! Goober is the
eldest in my family & has broken several records as the oldest
one to this date!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Oh she IS adorable! I'd love to be able to live in the country with my "pack of ten"!

Thank you for sharing her with us.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The flip books were fabulous! It looks like you stay busy!! I bet it is a blast, though. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts